Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Quotealicious

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
I know, you're thinking what the-heck- kind of title is that, but whatever. Get over it, ;p

Anyways, I LOVE quotes. Not sappy ones. But ones that say a lot in a few words and encourage, inspire me and etc.

So I was thinking we should all post our favorite quotes here.
If this thread is a re-make, I apologize. I typed in quotes and nothing came up ...lol.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

"People are funny. They spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like." (Unknown)

"People can change. They just don't because it's easier not to. We're always waiting for our lives to begin, like figuring we'll be someone else someday. But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don't run from this." (Unknown)

"There is no speed limit on the pursuit of excellence." (Unknown)

All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Arthur Schopenhauer

"When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you & it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over." (Unknown)

I have more...but that's all for now...what about yours? =)

The Escapist

The Escapist

Member - 1Ker

• 1,932 posts
"The large print givith and the small print taketh away." - Tom Waits

"At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences." - David Gemmell

"I have discovered in my long life that there are many words and phrases which have more power than any spell of magick. The most well-known of these is, of course, I love you. But by far the most deadly is, if only. For these two words can strip a man's strength, his courage and his confidence. They become the father of regret and anguish and pain." - David Gemmell

"To be truthful i am not entirely sure what people mean when they talk of happiness. There are moments of joy and laughter, the comfort of friendship, but enduring happiness? If it exists i have not found it" - David Gemmell

Shepherd Book: I've been out of the abbey two days. I've beaten a lawman senseless. Fallen in with criminals. I watched the captain shoot the man I swore to protect. And I'm not even sure if I think he was wrong.
Inara: Shepherd...
Shepherd Book: I believe I just... I think I'm on the wrong ship.
Inara: Maybe. Or maybe you're exactly where you ought to be.

BunnySlippersMan

BunnySlippersMan

Experienced Fellow

• 288 posts
"In 2011, I will not, never, never, never, ever be ashamed of Jesus... I will not be afraid, I will not be ashamed; this is my life, I am not dead, and I am not asleep; I am awake, and I am alive." - John Cooper

"I AM A PEANUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- John Cooper.

"And they were like,'Doggie!Rock some more!', and I was like,'I am a peanut,and I will'"
- John Cooper
-Isaac
Psalm 37

MARRIED TO :love:ALLI:love:
Father to Lillian and BlackHawk1128

Bobartles

Bobartles

Member - Wise One

• 784 posts
"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you." - Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

"The only difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns for longer." - Victor Borge

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same." - Oscar Wilde

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." - Karl Marx
"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you."

Josh (J)

Josh (J)

Member - 1Ker

• 4,388 posts
"History is nothing but choices." -Dave Duby

"Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret." -Dr. Laurence Peter

gatsbyquote.gif

A sig tag for CTF's insane world dominator! With this siggy tag, you shall conquer! ~Haley

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
Um....everyone....I love ya'll's posts ...keep em' coming :D

Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog

Member - 1Ker

• 3,458 posts
Ark/Art (Dunno which) Linkletter said the phrase "People Are funny". Grandma told me that.
[SIGPIC]http://i222.photobuc...slandbreeze.jpg[/SIGPIC] ...And this time, it's real...
<3
He's everything I ever wanted...

don't cry, fly....sorry it sounded cool in my head - swampfox

*~CTF's Official Island Girl~* "...If the phone's for me, you can tell 'em I just sailed away...!!!!"

I always say one half of my brain is evil, the other is nice, and one part is flowing with stupid. *-* - Me

Boogles

Boogles

Member - 10Ker

• 21,990 posts
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit,Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad -Author Unknown

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. -Bill Cosby

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid. -Hedy Lamar

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. -Jim Carrey

Oh,I may be on the side of the angels; but don't think for one second that I am one. -Sherlock Holmes.
CONJOINED IN MUTUAL WEIRDNESSS WITH THE EVER-SO-GORGEOUS ABIDOLL. <3 <3 Matriarch of TK. Sister of NoelKT5 and Josh.

You has been tagged by the most awesomest Moderator/Counselor that CTF has ever had! Even cooler than Evan, but don't tell Evan. ~Haley<3

There, now your spawn "tags" along wherever you go. - T.K.

Precious

Precious

Member - 5Ker

• 8,950 posts
"Stay asleep until you wake up, 'cause if you wake up before you wake up, it'll mess up your whole day." - Paul Needham.

CTF married to Tyro Of Sarcalogos <3

Here's my tumblog.

Here's my actual blog.

Precious

Precious

Member - 5Ker

• 8,950 posts
"Joseph, you're beautiful. You're beautiful, it's true. I saw your face in a crowded place and I don't know what to do.. I'm so in love with you, Joseph." - The Skit Guys. :)

Here's my tumblog.

Here's my actual blog.

Spaks

Spaks

Accomplished Poster

• 334 posts

"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you." - Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

I like it (even though Zoe actually uttered the second half of that quote, not Mal, just a heads up ;)), but I can go one better :P

Simon
: So, finally a decent wound on this ship, and I miss out. I'm sorry.
Mal
: Well, you were busy trying to get yourself lit on fire. It happens.

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

Carl Sandburg

Bobartles

Bobartles

Member - Wise One

• 784 posts

I like it (even though Zoe actually uttered the second half of that quote, not Mal, just a heads up ;)), but I can go one better :P

Simon
: So, finally a decent wound on this ship, and I miss out. I'm sorry.
Mal
: Well, you were busy trying to get yourself lit on fire. It happens.

Ha! Ah well, I simplified it a little, as it's supposed to be Mal's wartime saying, I think.

Also:
Wash: Psychic, though? That's like something out of science fiction!
Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.
"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you."

SaintPeter

SaintPeter

Member - 1Ker

• 4,251 posts

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.-John F. Kennedy

'the fascists of the future will be called the "anti fascists" - - Winston G Churchill

these are the ones i can think of right now... ill be adding in the future
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'the fascists of the future will be called the "anti fascists" - - Winston G Churchill

ask me questions
http://www.formspring.me/arvoreen

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
I like them Peter...and I like anything by Churchill.

Spaks

Spaks

Accomplished Poster

• 334 posts

Ha! Ah well, I simplified it a little, as it's supposed to be Mal's wartime saying, I think.

Also:
Wash: Psychic, though? That's like something out of science fiction!
Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.

River: Also... I can kill you with my brain.

:P

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you
can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

Carl Sandburg

Themeiwanttobe

Themeiwanttobe

Member - 1Ker

• 2,269 posts
The human brain isn't specifically a literature or mathematics brain, it's both and more. -John Green
“I find it awkward to call myself a poet or a writer. If there are no walls there are no names. This is the morning after the dispersion, and the work of the morning is methodology: how to use oneself, and on what. That is my profession. I am an archaeologist of morning."

-Charles Olson

Squishy

Squishy

Member - 1Ker

• 2,229 posts
"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
- Douglas Adams

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
- A. A. Milne

"If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son."
- Rudyard Kipling

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
- Mark Twain

"Mozart's mustache looks like a cheese covered pretzel"
- Unknown (Sorry, but for me this one is a necessity)

206gcht.jpg
Whipped by the captain 24/05 never forget

Sadlypoetic

Sadlypoetic

Member - 1Ker

• 3,169 posts
Friendship often ends in love, but love never ends in friendship.
** * * * **-Charles Caleb Colton

I'm gonna be a space cow! I'll rub it in your face now! I'm gonna be a space cow! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!
** * * * * -Otis the cow

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Friendship often ends in love, but love never ends in friendship.
** * * * **-Charles Caleb Colton

I'm gonna be a space cow! I'll rub it in your face now! I'm gonna be a space cow! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!
** * * * * -Otis the cow
E><3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RadioBunny SheildofFaith Boogles Brooklyn Cookiemonstah Wahoopunch
Precious Rock4God246 Josh(J) Tyro Of Sarcalogos Themeiwanttobe
Ran1078 HaleyGirl16 DDOG059 HerbieFullyLoaded Anabeth
E><3trueimage15 and Lord knows how many others
Girl Who Likes Mini Stuff leaches in my ear
E><3

E><3

This tag has been made and approved by HaleyGirl16

Precious

Precious

Member - 5Ker

• 8,950 posts
...I love how people start quoting Firefly. because they're awesome. :D

Here's my tumblog.

Here's my actual blog.

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
"If you ever say you're gonna do/keep something "just cause" - they're always be a case for the cause." -someone wise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users