Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My parents always make me cry!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Godislove405

Godislove405

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 69 posts
Today I asked my mom for some winter clothes and she said no and went to tell my dad and she mocked me about asking for winter clothes. Shes so rude! I'm just tired of living like this! Thats why I dont even talk to them cause everything I say becomes mocked or called stupid. They never ever understand me or what im going through. Im only 14 and I cant wait to move out. I cant wait to start driving so I can go wherever so I dont have to be home! My parents are intimidating. If you say something they dont like they call you stupid behind your back. I wish I could call them stupid or treat them like they treat me so they could know how I feel. The day just started and my parents ruined it so im just going to stay in my room the whole day!! I can never tell them how I feel or they would mock me even worse! Its happened before. I just cried myself to sleep the whole day. what should I do?.

Skadaddle09

Skadaddle09

Member - 10Ker

• 19,867 posts
What should you do? Give it a few years. Everyone goes through a sensitive phase where they think they're parents are out to ruin their lives. :3 I would bet money they DO understand you and what you're going through. Based on my own life, I learned that my parents went through much of the same things as me. ._. More than I would have imagined, actually. Every teenager wishes they could get away from their parents. I DID move away. Out of state. Then I came crying back to my mommy because the real world is scawy. x3

Just remember that your parents do care about you. Try listening to their reasons before thinking they call you stupid behind your back. Winter clothes seems like a really odd thing to get all upset about. O_o Also, it's their money. They don't have to buy you what you want, when you want it. If you have clothes, be thankful. Lots of kids don't even get that from their parents. If you want your parents to let you be more independent, you have to take the initiative. Find a way to make some money, then go buy yourself some winter clothes.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

JoshuaPopper

JoshuaPopper

Member - 1Ker

• 2,585 posts
When you're older you'll discover that your perception of them was wrong, or that it was right and you'll move out on your own. At the moment you can just enjoy your life as best a teenager can, go out with your friends, have some laughs, go home, eat and sleep. That's what teenagers still do, right?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max Power @ Jan 19 2010, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

IHOP has a university? That means the following conversation might one day happen!

Joe: Hey Bob, what was your major in college?
Bob: Waffles.

Ronald

Ronald

Member - 1Ker

• 2,078 posts
You need confidence in yourself and believe that what you want is right and if they mock you they're wrong for it. For example; you ask for winter clothes and they mock you, what you need to do is stand up for what you believe in and if they continue to mock you, you need to shrug it off.

Having a thick skin and higher confidence will lead to happieness, if you continue to let them get to you, you will continue to be upset.

If it was me, (and I know you're a 14 year old girl so it's different) I would tell them, firmly. "Look, I need some winter clothes because It's cold out, and I don't like the way you're mocking me, it needs to stop."
Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His Word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

Consider yourself tagged! ~Haley<3

opalecent

opalecent

Member - 1Ker

• 3,600 posts
If you're asking for winter clothes for fashion's sake, they have a right to say no, it's their money.

If you're truly cold, and you don't have the appropriate clothes to keep you warm, then they ought to give you clothes if they can afford it.

If they CAN'T afford it, then cut them a bit of slack, sometimes joking is a person's way of dealing with sadness or stress.

Love is a friendship set to music. ~Eli Joseph Cossman
CTF Daughter to teh awesome Foofer and Kirsty!
~~Icexist has my ♥ - right after Jesus~~
*insert something clever here* < That's your signature tag (: Enjoy! ~Haley<3

JoshuaPopper

JoshuaPopper

Member - 1Ker

• 2,585 posts

If they CAN'T afford it, then cut them a bit of slack, sometimes joking is a person's way of dealing with sadness or stress.

It's not a third world country? If you can't afford winter clothes go to an op-shop? I think that just about anyone living in the Western world can afford $20 for a jacket.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max Power @ Jan 19 2010, 03:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

IHOP has a university? That means the following conversation might one day happen!

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

It's not a third world country? If you can't afford winter clothes go to an op-shop? I think that just about anyone living in the Western world can afford $20 for a jacket.

Not everyone.

JoshuaPopper

JoshuaPopper

Member - 1Ker

• 2,585 posts

Not everyone.

Well then maybe your country needs some economic reforms. :-)

gamebird

gamebird

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 73 posts

Today I asked my mom for some winter clothes and she said no and went to tell my dad and she mocked me about asking for winter clothes. Shes so rude! I'm just tired of living like this! Thats why I dont even talk to them cause everything I say becomes mocked or called stupid. They never ever understand me or what im going through. Im only 14 and I cant wait to move out. I cant wait to start driving so I can go wherever so I dont have to be home! My parents are intimidating. If you say something they dont like they call you stupid behind your back. I wish I could call them stupid or treat them like they treat me so they could know how I feel. The day just started and my parents ruined it so im just going to stay in my room the whole day!! I can never tell them how I feel or they would mock me even worse! Its happened before. I just cried myself to sleep the whole day. what should I do?.

It's okay to feel this way, Every Teenager goes through this phase. If you need new clothes to stay warm, Tell them. If its just you needing new clothes cuz its a fashion statement, than give a little slack. My Dad keeps telling me not to wear socks with-out holes in them. I wear them (or steal his socks) till he gets the point I need new socks. Not saying you should do that. But, If you feel they mock you when you talk to them, maybe a email, a Letter you leave on their room. Feeling to move out is normal. Which is a good thing, but You should hold on as long as you can. Feeling trapped in town is one thing, until you live in the country. Just Open the bible and ask God for guide you through your troubled time. And you will be in my prayer if you like?!
"Call unto thee, and I will answer thee, and shew a great and mighty thing which thou knowest not" Jeremiah 33:3
gamebird

mintchocochip

mintchocochip

Member - 1Ker

• 1,202 posts

\Everyone goes through a sensitive phase where they think they're parents are out to ruin their lives. :3 I would bet money they DO understand you and what you're going through.

And yet, if you understand what someone is going through and it's not a pleasant thing (like being cold or needy), you don't laugh/mock them/call them stupid. If they understood, don't you suppose they'd respond in an appropriate manner?

Just remember that your parents do care about you. Try listening to their reasons before thinking they call you stupid behind your back.

She said her parents ARE calling her stupid behind her back. Not that she *thinks* they are.

Winter clothes seems like a really odd thing to get all upset about.

Not if you're cold and only have lightweight sweaters and t-shirts.

Uggggh really grinds my gears when people write off the emotions of young people because they have hormones/are 'stupid'/will feel different later (wow! you are supremely smart for realising that people change! /sarcasm)/are between the ages of 11 and 17 (or older).

To the OP:
Driving would be good for you and I hope you get the chance to learn it - driving is a useful skill and excellent for getting away from overbearing parents.
Thrift stores are a good place to get winter clothes for cheap.
I have met few parents who understand teens. So I know that's not comforting, but you're not alone!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've found most atheistic writing to be very unintelligent. They're full of facts

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,250 posts
Your parents may not realize how they make you feel when they laugh at you or mock what you say. Maybe you should let them know? Even if you tell them, they still may not realize... Some parents are like that. *shrug* Just hang on in there. Ignore it or deal with it. Maybe get a job (and definitely learn to drive because it's very useful) then you can be more independent and you can buy your own things instead of asking them all the time.
Posted Image

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

my_Keeper

my_Keeper

Member - 1Ker

• 4,101 posts

Negative.

"Life is a shipwreck,
but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats."

-Voltaire-

Guest_sanchezg1_*

Guest_sanchezg1_*

well im 15 and you know God said "Honor your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your GOD is giving you"Exodus 20:12. i dont knw your name but be strong in the lord put all your worries and all your faith in him and him alone. you will make it. remember GOD did say we will as servents for our lord,JESUS CHRIST,will have to go through trials and tribulations. Dont let this get you down one bit keep talking to them show the Lord your strong in him and talk to your mother and father about the lord and if they dont want to listen know that you've tried and just keep praying and keep the word of GOD close to your heart. i will pray for you and your parents. my name is Andrea and well i hope we speak again in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users