Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Christian Indie/Folk Bands?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

chaiteaandpaint

chaiteaandpaint

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey there.
I'm a HUGE fan of indie/folk music. I enjoy Roy LaMontagne, Mimicking Birds, Mumford and Sons, Alexi Murdoch, etc.
But I'm also a big Christian music fan. I ADORE Switchfoot, and also enjoy Starfield, Tenth Ave. North, and the City Harmonic.

So naturally, I'd LOVE to find Indie/folk Christian bands. I've been looking around at different sites and have found Future of Forestry, Sara Groves, and Josh Garrels. I quite like them all and would be interested in filling up my iPod with more of this stuff. Any other input you may have is welcome!

Thanks and God bless!

Craigsnedeker

Craigsnedeker

Member - 1Ker

• 1,057 posts
Hey, I love indie music to! Not sure what folk is, but I'd check at indievisionmusic.com they feature a lot of indie bands, and you can find a lot of free music there aswell.

http://www.indievisi...sic.com/?s=folk

:)
When people ask me “well how do you explain this? How can you prove this?” I don’t have to prove it to you, all I have to do is wait till reality proves it for me.
Again, you nay sayers can go head and mock, ridicule, but for those of us who knew what were looking at, after studying and researching this, based on our understanding of how they operate, we knew in our hearts, and still know.

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,256 posts
Maybe you'll like: Sandra McCraken, Derek Webb, Fiction Family, and Shawn McDonald.

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

chaiteaandpaint

chaiteaandpaint

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks so much both of you!
Craigsnedeker, that site is just amazing, I think I might be hooked!
WahooPunch, thank you! Fiction Family has been a favourite of mine for a while actually, too. Jon Foreman is basically the best singer ever. Derek Webb sounds good as well.

mintchocochip

mintchocochip

Member - 1Ker

• 1,202 posts
Yeah, I came into this thread to suggest Josh Garrels. He's great. There's also The Welcome Wagon, which is very folksy/americana-ish. Psalters is really, really interesting... experimental folk revival... can't really describe it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've found most atheistic writing to be very unintelligent. They're full of facts

Zhouburn

Zhouburn

Member - 1Ker

• 3,600 posts
Dude, I'm a huge fan of Christian Indie/Alternative.

Here's my list:
The Undeserving
LOGUE
Will Retherford
Church on the Hill
Shane Everrete Band
Sons & Daughters
Worth Dying For
Icon For Hire
One Sonic Society
Carlos Whittaker
Rachael Lampa
Jamie Grace
Samestate
Ashes Remain
Daylight Worship
Matt Kearney

CTF Married to Moon&&Stars

CTF Twin of Will_Power

capepamela

capepamela

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Over the Rhine, they are incredible:clap:

mintchocochip

mintchocochip

Member - 1Ker

• 1,202 posts

Over the Rhine, they are incredible:clap:

Is Over the Rhine Christian?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've found most atheistic writing to be very unintelligent. They're full of facts

MandoandJesusFreak

MandoandJesusFreak

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sons of Korah is a very good Christian folk band. They sing psalms and they've got a bunch of instruments, different acoustic guitars drums they try different folk music from the world in their songs. They have bass, mandolin a bunch more instruments. They're my favorite band. they are based out of Australia.

jansleyy

jansleyy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You absolutely need to check out Rend Collective Experiment. I love their new album Campfire!

weirdmatt

weirdmatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
check out Cordial Factory!! :love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users