Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS VIDEO

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Themeiwanttobe

Themeiwanttobe

Member - 1Ker

• 2,269 posts

“I find it awkward to call myself a poet or a writer. If there are no walls there are no names. This is the morning after the dispersion, and the work of the morning is methodology: how to use oneself, and on what. That is my profession. I am an archaeologist of morning."

-Charles Olson

Ronald

Ronald

Member - 1Ker

• 2,078 posts
Moved to online videos.
Cause I know my God saved the day
And I know His Word never fails
And I know my God made a way for me
Salvation is here

Consider yourself tagged! ~Haley<3

justinh

justinh

Member - 1Ker

• 4,628 posts
inivisible children i have a t-shirt of that somewhere i got it at a christian concert in scotland and it was about gorrila warfare or something lol
This is the moment
This is the day
When I send all of my doubts and demons
On there way

http://www.youtube.c...nk?feature=mhee
im on devi art neko-kisses
Your wish is my command! One sig tag for Justin!! Enjoy lol. ~Haley
JUMANJI. JUMANJI. JUMANJI. Your new nickname sounds like a chant. ^_^ -Becky

Ashley Montanae

Ashley Montanae

Experienced Fellow

• 196 posts
Stopping the LRA is, personally, my favorite project.

I've been studying it for so long, I've met with children escapees (they come in and speak at conferences - Kinda like the Lost Boys [of Sudan?]), and, overall, it's just a huge injustice.

Glad to see people are getting more involved. I hope to see the day we can take down Kony once and for all. :)

She tied you to her kitchen chair, she broke your throne and she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the

Hallelujah.

Ashley, you has just earn-ed you first siggy-nature tag! ~Haley!
(Aw, mucho gracias, mi amiga. Yo lo aprecio mucho. :) )

Themeiwanttobe

Themeiwanttobe

Member - 1Ker

• 2,269 posts
Rihanna, Zachary Levi and hopefully others are on the project. #stopkony is a worldwide trending topic
“I find it awkward to call myself a poet or a writer. If there are no walls there are no names. This is the morning after the dispersion, and the work of the morning is methodology: how to use oneself, and on what. That is my profession. I am an archaeologist of morning."

-Charles Olson

He.loves.us

He.loves.us

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
PLEASE LISTEN!!! Over 30,000 children have been raped, tortured, and turned into child soldiers. this video will help but ONLY if you share it.
Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.” Matthew 9:13

kb5462

kb5462

CTF Staff

• 3,558 posts
http://s3.amazonaws....012/kony-4.html

JOSEPH KONY IS ONE OF THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINALS AND I SUPPORT THE INTERNATIONAL EFFORT TO ARREST HIM, DISARM THE LRA AND BRING THE CHILD SOLDIERS HOME.

Please take a look at this, it's really important. Awareness needs to be raised and all that. Post the vid on Facebook/Twitter (or any other social networks you use) and let's get the word out! Sign the pledge if you want, get involved with events, or simply send to a friend. You don't have to donate your time or money, but simply telling other people could make the world of difference.

Esto fidelis usque ad mortem et dabo tibi coronum vitae.

Anglicanism
Scripture - Tradition - Reason

Ashley's CTF Horse

Posted Image

kb5462

kb5462

CTF Staff

• 3,558 posts
Ah, I just posted this, didn't see this thread! :P

Raising awareness rocks. It makes such a difference. Keep going guys :)

Anglicanism

Ashley's CTF Horse

Posted Image

von

von

Member - Wise One

• 692 posts
You can stop the LRA but it won't change anything, you need to change the culture in Africa / the world and to do that ... its a lot harder than putting up a supportive poster or wearing a tshirt or praying. Thats fantastic to raise awareness but in a week or two people will forget all about this and the plight these people face.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

kb5462

kb5462

CTF Staff

• 3,558 posts

You can stop the LRA but it won't change anything, you need to change the culture in Africa / the world and to do that ... its a lot harder than putting up a supportive poster or wearing a tshirt or praying. Thats fantastic to raise awareness but in a week or two people will forget all about this and the plight these people face.

People have to start somewhere. One step at a time.

Anglicanism

Ashley's CTF Horse

Posted Image

Tyro Of Sarcalogos

Tyro Of Sarcalogos

Member - 1Ker

• 3,354 posts
I support the arrest of Kony and all that good stuff, however only 32% of this projects profits have actually went to the cause, thats a bit of the issue for me :/

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

Isaiah 41:10(ESV)

CTF married to Precious!

Skadaddle09

Skadaddle09

Member - 10Ker

• 19,867 posts
Regardless of how you feel about the organization itself, their documentary does a really good job of getting an otherwise apathetic generation to open their eyes a little bit. Yes, there will always be people like Kony around, and I agree that it will take more than arresting just one guy to make much of a world impact, but that doesn't dismiss us from helping out those impacted by this particular incident.

I like the video. :3

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."

kb5462

kb5462

CTF Staff

• 3,558 posts

Regardless of how you feel about the organization itself, their documentary does a really good job of getting an otherwise apathetic generation to open their eyes a little bit. Yes, there will always be people like Kony around, and I agree that it will take more than arresting just one guy to make much of a world impact, but that doesn't dismiss us from helping out those impacted by this particular incident.

I like the video. :3

I think this is a good point :)

Anglicanism

Ashley's CTF Horse

Posted Image

Yves

Yves

Member - 5Ker

• 5,333 posts
Yeah, I've seen this around before.

It'll be cool if something good comes of this, but at the same time I'm wary of giving support to any organization that seems to feel "doing what's right" justifies even low-scale military involvement in other countries :^| It doesn't matter if we're "protecting national interests" or saving children. In the end, force is just an inadequate method for realizing lasting peace on a global scale.

Also, there's already a thread on this topic. I'm going to merge them up.

b6y03k.png

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

Did anyone know about Invisible Children before this? Huh?

Anyone?

I love the attention this is getting, but everyone is trying to be a fake philantropist. .-. What about those people (like me) who have been supporting Invisible Children for years? Now everyone is getting into it because it's seen as a fad.

Kind of makes me sick.

ksqt0509

ksqt0509

Member - 1Ker

• 1,240 posts

Anyone?

I love the attention this is getting, but everyone is trying to be a fake philantropist. .-. What about those people (like me) who have been supporting Invisible Children for years? Now everyone is getting into it because it's seen as a fad.

Kind of makes me sick.

Yeah, it makes it seem like people are just following the trend as opposed to actually caring. I'm glad for the organization, that they are getting good publicity... But... I mean, some of the people posting about it probably don't even know where Uganda is on a map and stuff.

I hope people actually take an interest and dont just post it to jump on the bandwagon.

Yves

Yves

Member - 5Ker

• 5,333 posts

Anyone?

Kind of makes me sick.

This seems to make the issue more about who the "real" philanthropists are than getting anything done.

b6y03k.png

JAG

JAG

Member - 10Ker

• 12,311 posts

Anyone?

Kind of makes me sick.

I went to an invisible children rally where we slept in cardboard boxes 5 years ago. This doesn't make me sick...i'm happy more people are getting involved.
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."
- C.S. Lewis -

Zabby

Zabby

CTF Staff

• 14,289 posts
I support getting rid of Kony, but I can't donate to Invisible Children. Giving money to the Ugandan government is not a good idea. They're a very corrupt group.

There is a trace of You in every alleluia... and it's Your sacred heart within me beating. Your voice within me singing out, for love of You. - Audrey Assad

You're like Lt. Commander Data ^_^

Zabby Has Pointer Approval
-= Yves t'a sig-taggé ^_^ =-
TAG! You're it =D ~Haley<3

CTF married to Yves

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts

Yeah, it makes it seem like people are just following the trend as opposed to actually caring. I'm glad for the organization, that they are getting good publicity... But... I mean, some of the people posting about it probably don't even know where Uganda is on a map and stuff.

I hope people actually take an interest and dont just post it to jump on the bandwagon.

You're right about not knowing where places are on the map. -sighs- I don't even know what they are thinking.

This seems to make the issue more about who the "real" philanthropists are than getting anything done.

Well, the real ones will get things done. The ones who think of this as just a fad will parade about claiming they are all about justice. I cannot tell you how many posts on tumblr I see of kids just doing this for fun. I know they won't do anything, partly because I know some of them and because they really just do things like this to be cool. I do not mind a signal boost. Just this fake kind of attachment I know won't last into the next two months.

I went to an invisible children rally where we slept in cardboard boxes 5 years ago. This doesn't make me sick...i'm happy more people are getting involved.

Getting involved for the right reasons, I hope. It's nice to see it getting this kind of attention, but why now? It's not like it was a secret or anything. I just hate to see something I'm emotionally and financially invested in be turned into a phase or a trend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users