Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bible Verse that Stops Bleeding; Ezekiel 16:6

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ezekiel 16:6 (KJV) 6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

I have just recently discovered this bible verse and I don't know if this bible verse has been brought to attention here or not, but I find it fascinating. My mother told me about it when she was talking about her own grandmother and how she used to use it, apparently it always worked for her. Of course this made me be ultra curious so the next time I got a nosebleed (which happens embarrassingly often) I used it. Now the websites I had found it on had told me to say it three times and to truly believe it, so thats what I did. Miraculously, it worked. I was stunned, it was the closest thing I have ever seen to a 'sign' that God exists in my life. Has it worked for any of you? If not, will you use it the next time you're bleeding?

Zhouburn

Zhouburn

Member - 1Ker

• 3,548 posts

Ezekiel 16:6 (KJV) 6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

I have just recently discovered this bible verse and I don't know if this bible verse has been brought to attention here or not, but I find it fascinating. My mother told me about it when she was talking about her own grandmother and how she used to use it, apparently it always worked for her. Of course this made me be ultra curious so the next time I got a nosebleed (which happens embarrassingly often) I used it. Now the websites I had found it on had told me to say it three times and to truly believe it, so thats what I did. Miraculously, it worked. I was stunned, it was the closest thing I have ever seen to a 'sign' that God exists in my life. Has it worked for any of you? If not, will you use it the next time you're bleeding?

I'm trying to decide whether or not this is a troll post. Assuming that its not, I'm not sure where you read that you need to say it three times. Cause I don't recall Jesus saying to his disciples as they walked off, "Oh yeah guys, you have to say my name three times for it to work. Kinda like Beetlejuice. Guys...maybe you should write that down so you don't forget."

Also, assuming that you are not trololololing, are you a KJV Onlyist?

CTF Married to Moon&&Stars

CTF Twin of Will_Power

Kite

Kite

Member - Wise One

• 956 posts
It was most likely your faith that caused it to stop, like Jesus calming the storms on the ocean. By saying it three times, you acted on the belief that the verse would work. It wouldnt work for everyone cause some may not believe wholeheartedly, like when Jesus couldnt perform miracles in His hometown.

tumblr_mi22j6n5AQ1rphjxco4_500.gif

The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness

:twisted: Glory Glorymanu.gifMan United   :twisted: 

For we are saved by grace through faith, and not of ourselves

:angel: It is a gift of God, not of works, lest we should boast  :angel: 

My Goal is God Himself, not joy, not peace, not even blessing but Himself...My God ~ Leonard Ravenhill

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Not trolling at all! And I completely understand how it seems very untrue! It sounded crazy to me when I first heard it! But it truly worked for me, I'd suggest it!

I'm actually kind of new to all of this bible stuff..so no, I wouldn't say I'm a 'KJV onlyist', in fact, I would love to know your personal preference!

-Lauren:P:P

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ah yes, like you could move a mountain if you truly believed you could, or walk on water. It's a great test of fate nonetheless and it indulged my fascination for the 'supernatural' side of Christianity.

Will_Power

Will_Power

CTF Staff

• 1,906 posts
That seems more like superstition than a relationship with God. Sure, maybe your faith helped your nose bleed to stop. But I wouldn't say it's guaranteed that saying this verse three times will stop bleeding.

If you were put on trial for being a Christian -- would there be enough evidence to convict you?

"Why do we love only when it's convenient to us? Why are we understanding only when it's agreeable?" - We Came As Romans

Zhouburn

Zhouburn

Member - 1Ker

• 3,548 posts

Not trolling at all! And I completely understand how it seems very untrue! It sounded crazy to me when I first heard it! But it truly worked for me, I'd suggest it!

I'm actually kind of new to all of this bible stuff..so no, I wouldn't say I'm a 'KJV onlyist', in fact, I would love to know your personal preference!

-Lauren:P:P

Yeah, its ok. I'm sure some people actually think that you do have to say it three times. But what healed your nose bleed would've been faith, not the three times bit.

I am definitely not what you would call a KJV Onlyist. I seldom read the KJV, simply because it's hard for me to absorb what it says. I read HCSB, ESV, NLT, NASB, and occasionally the NIV. If you're a new-ish Christian, I would suggest one of these versions, simply because it's a lot easier to absorb the Word when it doesn't have a lot of thees and thous in it.

CTF Married to Moon&&Stars

CTF Twin of Will_Power

Wesker

Wesker

Member - 1Ker

• 3,862 posts
Just beware of turning the idea of God into a magic sky genie.
“We have never preached violence, except the violence of love, which left Christ nailed to a cross, the violence that we must each do to ourselves to overcome our selfishness and such cruel inequalities among us. The violence we preach is not the violence of the sword, the violence of hatred. It is the violence of love, of brotherhood,the violence that wills to beat weapons into sickles for work.” 

— Óscar Romero

Rayn

Rayn

Member - Wise One

• 773 posts
The faithless bride in Ezekiel 16 is actually Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, which was redeemed by God and entered into a covenant with him, but broke the covenant. Ezekiel 16 is an extended metaphor containing an oracle of judgement and concludes with a promise of a future everlasting covenant (v. 59-63), which is the new covenant that Jesus inaugurated in his death and resurrection. Nowhere in this text is the intention to heal nosebleeds mentioned, nor any formula for invoking said healing. But it is a great passage.

As for signs from God, the Lord's supper and baptism are signs and seals of the covenant of grace. Other than that, I believe that the supernatural gifts of the spirit closed with the canon of Scripture and that if you want a sign from God you'll have to investigate the historical reliability of the New Testament documents in which all the signs were performed.

"Any attempt to make Christology preliminary to theology, or even only its most important part, but not its only part, is a denial of Luther's doctrine and effectively destroys the Gospel as the message of a completed atonement." - David Scaer

blackbear4110

blackbear4110

Experienced Fellow

• 104 posts

The faithless bride in Ezekiel 16 is actually Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, which was redeemed by God and entered into a covenant with him, but broke the covenant. Ezekiel 16 is an extended metaphor containing an oracle of judgement and concludes with a promise of a future everlasting covenant (v. 59-63), which is the new covenant that Jesus inaugurated in his death and resurrection. Nowhere in this text is the intention to heal nosebleeds mentioned, nor any formula for invoking said healing. But it is a great passage.

Yes, I was going to mention the context of Ezekial 16, as well.  While I haven't read or studied the OT much, I looked up this verse and chapter to read the context of what it was saying, and I'd encourage you to do the same.  As Ryan stated, it is a metaphore of God taking Israel as His bride.

And, yeah, you probably don't need to hear this again, but I'd be very careful using the Bible as a "say it 3 times, and voila!" formula. 

Praying and asking God to stop the nose-bleed (or whatever the poblem/situation) in faith, and even praying the Bible and God's promises back to Him is fine.  Though I think it's important to remember that God's will is most important and should be sought over our own.

-ßƖαϲκɓεαɤ

"Life is a maybe.  Death is for sure.  Sin is the cause.  Christ is the cure."  Romans 6:23

"A Greek historian desired very intensely to say a word about the people of the city where he was born. He felt he could not write his history without saying something of his own native place, and accordingly he wrote this— "While Athens was building temples and Sparta was waging war, my countrymen were doing nothing." I am afraid there are too many Christians of whom, if the book were written as to what they are doing in the Church, it would have to be said they have been doing nothing all their lives." ~Charles Spurgeon~

brandienickel

brandienickel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My grand mother was one of the most faithful ladies I know and she used this verse regularly and not once did it not work for her. And yes she said it 3 times over the person she was praying for. She passed away 2 years ago so I can't ask her where the 3 times came from but I would Imagine it comes from the importance of 3 in the Bible and nothing more. The Word is living so speaking it is powerful. The Word was with God in the beginning and is mentioned throughout the Bible. Be encouraged in your Faith and read the Word to find your path. If you read the Word and let the spirit lead you while you meditate on the word you will know what is right to believe. Your faith will build you into a better Christian daily. 

afriendlyatheist

afriendlyatheist

Member - 5Ker

• 5,020 posts

That seems more like superstition than a relationship with God.

This happens more than you'd like to believe. My favorite is the "cats have M's on their heads because Mary put them there" from the old lady catholic crowd. It's so strange that there are so many "elements of Christianity" that were essentially decided by random people that have absolutely no basis in scripture at all.
"Don’t be afraid of verbal abuse or criticism. Only the morally weak feel compelled to defend or explain themselves to others. Let the quality of your deeds speak on your behalf. We can’t control the impressions others form about us, and the effort to do so only debases our character. So, if anyone should tell you that a particular person has spoken critically of you, don’t bother with excuses or defenses. Just smile and reply, “I guess that person doesn’t know about all my other faults. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have mentioned only these.”

Lefebvre

Lefebvre

Member - Wise One

• 576 posts

This happens more than you'd like to believe. My favorite is the "cats have M's on their heads because Mary put them there" from the old lady catholic crowd.

Well that's cute and harmless. Thinking a scripture passage can stop bleeding is a far sight stupider and potentially dangerous,

+Formerly known as Iuppiter+

Not least among the blessings which have resulted from the public and legitimate honor paid to the Blessed Virgin and the saints is the perfect and perpetual immunity of the Church from error and heresy. We may well admire in this the admirable wisdom of the Providence of God, who, ever bringing good out of evil, has from time to time suffered the faith and piety of men to grow weak, and allowed Catholic truth to be attacked by false doctrines, but always with the result that truth has afterwards shone out with greater splendor, and that men's faith, aroused from its lethargy, has shown itself more vigorous than before.
-Quas Primas, Pope Pius XI

Mike Spero

Mike Spero

Member - 1Ker

• 1,240 posts

The verse literally says: "And when I walked by you, and saw you were in a pool of your own blood; I said to you as you were in your own blood: "Live." Yes, I said to you when you were in your own blood, "live"."

This verse does not at all claim to be a cure for bleeding. This is supposed to be from God in regards to Jerusalem, being metaphorically "covered in her own blood." Saying this verse cures blood loss is like claiming that speaking: "Come, and I will give you living water of which you will never thirst again" cures dehydration. If someone was bleeding out and had faith God would save him/her, and recited this and lived, that's a miracle, not a spell. There's legitimately no excuse for this myth but superstition's sake, even if there really was a case where it miraculously saved a life. Just because Jesus turned water to wine doesn't mean that there's a constant method to use when you run out at your party.

*exasperated sigh

Edited by Mike Spero, 23 August 2014 - 02:06 AM.

j8gvt0.png

"Human race, I am disappoint." - This Guy ^

:wub: Shout-out to my (real life) fiancee, SketchyDrone. The most beautiful and innocent girl ever to live  :wub:

(And best artist ever, too ;P)

afriendlyatheist

afriendlyatheist

Member - 5Ker

• 5,020 posts

Well that's cute and harmless. Thinking a scripture passage can stop bleeding is a far sight stupider and potentially dangerous,

Yeah, I know. But, I feel as though one permits the other. When people tell me cutesy stories like that (or like this beetlejuice thing), I tell them that someone just made it up. They just brush it off as something a non-Christian would say and scoff, but it isn't in the Bible. Christianity is a religion and it is based on the Bible. If someone starts saying things about Jesus or Mary or cats that has no basis in scripture, they are just making crap up about religious figures and passing it off as having something to do with Christianity, and that is disrespectful, because people actually take these things as an actual part of Christianity.

Reminds me of that saying "bloody Mary" in the mirror three times crap.

It's like if I quoted Dante's Inferno to show that a pagan can end up in charge of purgatory in Christianity.

But this isn't either here or there, so..

Edited by afriendlyatheist, 23 August 2014 - 01:52 PM.

"Don’t be afraid of verbal abuse or criticism. Only the morally weak feel compelled to defend or explain themselves to others. Let the quality of your deeds speak on your behalf. We can’t control the impressions others form about us, and the effort to do so only debases our character. So, if anyone should tell you that a particular person has spoken critically of you, don’t bother with excuses or defenses. Just smile and reply, “I guess that person doesn’t know about all my other faults. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have mentioned only these.”

C. Ingram

C. Ingram

Member - Wise One

• 753 posts

Yeah, I know. But, I feel as though one permits the other. When people tell me cutesy stories like that (or like this beetlejuice thing), I tell them that someone just made it up. They just brush it off as something a non-Christian would say and scoff, but it isn't in the Bible. Christianity is a religion and it is based on the Bible. If someone starts saying things about Jesus or Mary or cats that has no basis in scripture, they are just making crap up about religious figures and passing it off as having something to do with Christianity, and that is disrespectful, because people actually take these things as an actual part of Christianity.

Reminds me of that saying "bloody Mary" in the mirror three times crap.

It's like if I quoted Dante's Inferno to show that a pagan can end up in charge of purgatory in Christianity.

But this isn't either here or there, so..

Oh, master, teach me, so that I may know how to attain your level of awesome.

~ Clark

"Poetry is finer and more philosophical than history; for poetry expresses the universal, and history only the particular." - Aristotle

"Dance, dance wherever you may be, I AM the Lord of the dance said He." - Lord of the Dance

God-Sent

God-Sent

Member - 5Ker

• 7,063 posts

Just because Jesus turned water to wine doesn't mean that there's a constant method to use when you run out at your party.

*exasperated sigh

That's disappointing. :(

:P

You've been here too long not to get tagged. SOOO I fixed the problem by giving you your first siggy tag! You're welcome ~Haley<3

Mike Spero

Mike Spero

Member - 1Ker

• 1,240 posts

That's disappointing. :(

:P

anim74_pts.gif

Edited by Mike Spero, 24 August 2014 - 11:33 PM.

j8gvt0.png

"Human race, I am disappoint." - This Guy ^

:wub: Shout-out to my (real life) fiancee, SketchyDrone. The most beautiful and innocent girl ever to live  :wub:

(And best artist ever, too ;P)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users