Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bible Verse that Stops Bleeding; Ezekiel 16:6

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ezekiel 16:6 (KJV) 6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

I have just recently discovered this bible verse and I don't know if this bible verse has been brought to attention here or not, but I find it fascinating. My mother told me about it when she was talking about her own grandmother and how she used to use it, apparently it always worked for her. Of course this made me be ultra curious so the next time I got a nosebleed (which happens embarrassingly often) I used it. Now the websites I had found it on had told me to say it three times and to truly believe it, so thats what I did. Miraculously, it worked. I was stunned, it was the closest thing I have ever seen to a 'sign' that God exists in my life. Has it worked for any of you? If not, will you use it the next time you're bleeding?

Zhouburn

Zhouburn

Member - 1Ker

• 3,466 posts

Ezekiel 16:6 (KJV) 6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

I have just recently discovered this bible verse and I don't know if this bible verse has been brought to attention here or not, but I find it fascinating. My mother told me about it when she was talking about her own grandmother and how she used to use it, apparently it always worked for her. Of course this made me be ultra curious so the next time I got a nosebleed (which happens embarrassingly often) I used it. Now the websites I had found it on had told me to say it three times and to truly believe it, so thats what I did. Miraculously, it worked. I was stunned, it was the closest thing I have ever seen to a 'sign' that God exists in my life. Has it worked for any of you? If not, will you use it the next time you're bleeding?

I'm trying to decide whether or not this is a troll post. Assuming that its not, I'm not sure where you read that you need to say it three times. Cause I don't recall Jesus saying to his disciples as they walked off, "Oh yeah guys, you have to say my name three times for it to work. Kinda like Beetlejuice. Guys...maybe you should write that down so you don't forget."

Also, assuming that you are not trololololing, are you a KJV Onlyist?

CTF Married to Moon&&Stars

CTF Twin of Will_Power

Kite

Kite

Member - Wise One

• 942 posts
It was most likely your faith that caused it to stop, like Jesus calming the storms on the ocean. By saying it three times, you acted on the belief that the verse would work. It wouldnt work for everyone cause some may not believe wholeheartedly, like when Jesus couldnt perform miracles in His hometown.

tumblr_n3li273lxI1qap972o6_r1_250.gif

The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness

:twisted: Glory Glorymanu.gifMan United   :twisted: 

For ye are saved by grace through faith, and not of yourselves

:angel: It is a gift of God, not of works, lest you should boast  :angel: 

At the cross; where God's judgment and mercy was poured out unto one man, for all men.

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Not trolling at all! And I completely understand how it seems very untrue! It sounded crazy to me when I first heard it! But it truly worked for me, I'd suggest it!

I'm actually kind of new to all of this bible stuff..so no, I wouldn't say I'm a 'KJV onlyist', in fact, I would love to know your personal preference!

-Lauren:P:P

itsafreegift

itsafreegift

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ah yes, like you could move a mountain if you truly believed you could, or walk on water. It's a great test of fate nonetheless and it indulged my fascination for the 'supernatural' side of Christianity.

Will_Power

Will_Power

CTF Staff

• 1,757 posts
That seems more like superstition than a relationship with God. Sure, maybe your faith helped your nose bleed to stop. But I wouldn't say it's guaranteed that saying this verse three times will stop bleeding.

If you were put on trial for being a Christian -- would there be enough evidence to convict you?

"Why do we love only when it's convenient to us? Why are we understanding only when it's agreeable?" - We Came As Romans

Zhouburn

Zhouburn

Member - 1Ker

• 3,466 posts

Not trolling at all! And I completely understand how it seems very untrue! It sounded crazy to me when I first heard it! But it truly worked for me, I'd suggest it!

I'm actually kind of new to all of this bible stuff..so no, I wouldn't say I'm a 'KJV onlyist', in fact, I would love to know your personal preference!

-Lauren:P:P

Yeah, its ok. I'm sure some people actually think that you do have to say it three times. But what healed your nose bleed would've been faith, not the three times bit.

I am definitely not what you would call a KJV Onlyist. I seldom read the KJV, simply because it's hard for me to absorb what it says. I read HCSB, ESV, NLT, NASB, and occasionally the NIV. If you're a new-ish Christian, I would suggest one of these versions, simply because it's a lot easier to absorb the Word when it doesn't have a lot of thees and thous in it.

CTF Married to Moon&&Stars

CTF Twin of Will_Power

Wesker

Wesker

Member - 1Ker

• 3,460 posts
Just beware of turning the idea of God into a magic sky genie.

AndyWarholsignature_zpsc4a798c6.jpg

Christ has no body but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks
Compassion on this world,
Yours are the feet with which he walks to do good,
Yours are the hands, with which he blesses all the world.
Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,
Yours are the eyes, you are his body.
Christ has no body now but yours,
No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
Yours are the eyes with which he looks.
— St. Teresa of Avila

Rayn

Rayn

Member - Wise One

• 763 posts
The faithless bride in Ezekiel 16 is actually Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, which was redeemed by God and entered into a covenant with him, but broke the covenant. Ezekiel 16 is an extended metaphor containing an oracle of judgement and concludes with a promise of a future everlasting covenant (v. 59-63), which is the new covenant that Jesus inaugurated in his death and resurrection. Nowhere in this text is the intention to heal nosebleeds mentioned, nor any formula for invoking said healing. But it is a great passage.

As for signs from God, the Lord's supper and baptism are signs and seals of the covenant of grace. Other than that, I believe that the supernatural gifts of the spirit closed with the canon of Scripture and that if you want a sign from God you'll have to investigate the historical reliability of the New Testament documents in which all the signs were performed.

No creature has a force more wondrous or glorious than that of the sun. For besides lighting the whole earth with its brightness, how great a thing is it that by its heat it nourishes and quickens all living things! That with its rays it breathes fruitfulness into the earth! That it warms the seeds in the bosom of the earth, draws them forth with budding greenness, increases and strengthens them, nourishes them anew, until they rise up into stalks! That it feeds the plant with continual warmth, until it grows into a flower, and from flower into fruit! That then, also, with baking heat it brings the fruit to maturity! Yet the Lord, to claim the full credit for all these things, willed that, before he created the sun, light should come to be and earth be filled with all manner of herbs and fruits [Gen. 1:3, 11, 14]. Therefore a godly man will not make the sun a principal or necessary cause of these things which existed before the creation of the sun, but merely the instrument that God uses because he so wills; for with no more difficulty he might abandon it, and act through himself. - John Calvin Institutes 1.16.2

blackbear4110

blackbear4110

Experienced Fellow

• 104 posts

The faithless bride in Ezekiel 16 is actually Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, which was redeemed by God and entered into a covenant with him, but broke the covenant. Ezekiel 16 is an extended metaphor containing an oracle of judgement and concludes with a promise of a future everlasting covenant (v. 59-63), which is the new covenant that Jesus inaugurated in his death and resurrection. Nowhere in this text is the intention to heal nosebleeds mentioned, nor any formula for invoking said healing. But it is a great passage.

Yes, I was going to mention the context of Ezekial 16, as well.  While I haven't read or studied the OT much, I looked up this verse and chapter to read the context of what it was saying, and I'd encourage you to do the same.  As Ryan stated, it is a metaphore of God taking Israel as His bride.

And, yeah, you probably don't need to hear this again, but I'd be very careful using the Bible as a "say it 3 times, and voila!" formula. 

Praying and asking God to stop the nose-bleed (or whatever the poblem/situation) in faith, and even praying the Bible and God's promises back to Him is fine.  Though I think it's important to remember that God's will is most important and should be sought over our own.

-ßƖαϲκɓεαɤ

"Life is a maybe.  Death is for sure.  Sin is the cause.  Christ is the cure."  Romans 6:23

"A Greek historian desired very intensely to say a word about the people of the city where he was born. He felt he could not write his history without saying something of his own native place, and accordingly he wrote this— "While Athens was building temples and Sparta was waging war, my countrymen were doing nothing." I am afraid there are too many Christians of whom, if the book were written as to what they are doing in the Church, it would have to be said they have been doing nothing all their lives." ~Charles Spurgeon~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users