Sign in to follow this  
caringo

Swimsuits

Ok, so here's something that's always bugged me...

Why is it that girls try so hard to be modest, y'know, watching where their neckline comes, making sure their skirts are appropriate length, but then when it comes time to swim, off it all goes! it's like...they think that when you're at the beach or the pool, it doesn't matter anymore, and they go and wear their little bikinis and whatnots, like the guys have stopped looking at them.

anyone else notice this? or is it just me?

No, it's not just you. You're right.

I struggle with the same thing, but the reason I would wear a swimsuit (if I was allowed to do so) is because it's hard to swim fully clothed. My swimsuit (which I'm not allowed to wear in public) is pretty modest; it's got a little piece that covers the bottom, and it's a one piece. I wear shorts over it to keep from showing too much skin.

But all in all, you've got the right idea.

I do think it is a different situation when swimming. It would look terrible wearing so little out normally, but it's just the norm at a pool or the beach. I couldn't ever wear a one piece suit, I'd just find it so uncomfortable. I know guys would still stare but I am not going to swim in practically everyday clothes just to look the same as I do when out in the town. I don't feel it is my responsibility to take it that far.

as Christian girls, its our responsibility to take it as far as it needs to go so we don't make guys stumble...just sayin.

modest swimsuits are hard to find. It seems the only modest ones are designed for older ladies...and no young girl wants to wear that.

I hate going into a store and ALL the sell is bikinis...

Well, I don't see anything wrong with bathing suits, since you can't really swim safely or comfortably in anything else, but I totally agree that we should wear modest ones! I don't see anything wrong with some swimsuits, but the itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-who-knows-what-color-bikini's are totally inappropriate. I wear a tankini and a skirt over the bottom, and it's actually really cute!

I usually wear a one piece with shorts. I think girls should wear swim suits that are modest, but I guess that's my opinion. I was talking to a guy friend the other day and told him that even if I weighed less and was more comfortable with my body I still wouldn't wear a bikini, I just wouldn't want some guy to sin because of me, and that's the way I think most girls should think.

In general I wear bikinis-but I try to find the less revealing ones-however, it's hard. It's nearly impossible to find cute one-pieces or ever tankinis for girls my age. And when I do find one it's always in te 200$ price range.....so basically I wear bikinis.

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing a bathing suit(even a bikini) if you are wearing it for the right reasons. Bathing/swimsuits are for SWIMMING in, If one is wearing one to swim in thats fine, but when you get the skimpiest one possible, to show of for boys or whatever then I don't think thats good. PErsonaly I feel more comfortable in a one peice of tankini. Mine has skirt.

Yeah, finding modest, cute, inexpensive swimsuits can be a pain in the neck. I had an especially hard time this year because I wear a larger size. I usually wear a one-piece, but I would wear a tankini that covered. I have some girl friends who wear shorts over their one-pieces, but the only reason I would do that is if I were embarrassed because of my legs.

Just a though: I'm uncomfortable around guys who don't wear their shirts in everyday life, but when we're swimming I think it's totally fine. Is this comparable to what we're talking about?

Oh, and just in case anyone wants to know, JC Penneys has some really cute swimsuits! They've got modest ones, and they're inexpensive as far as swimsuits go (I just got one there for under $50).

cant stand one pieces. i've gotten more modest over the years though. besides just my bikini (like i used to wear) i will dawn board shorts and some kind of think tank top over it now, if i know guys will be present. if im just swiming with my ladies i dont bother though. im not going to lie, most times i dont want to cover up, i look good in a bikini, but thats not the best for my brothers and i've grown in maturity and figured it wasnt the best idea.

modest swimsuits are hard to find. It seems the only modest ones are designed for older ladies...and no young girl wants to wear that.

I hate going into a store and ALL the sell is bikinis...[/b]

Gah. Me too!

>.> Takes forever to find a freaking bathing suit.

I don't really enjoy swimming in the first place..

yeah, i hate wearing a bikini or 2 pieces around guys. I wear my 2 piece fine around my friends but never around my guy friends. I wear a shirt over top of it and shorts when im around. Like on my mission trip i just went on my youth pastor told us girls we werent aloud to wear 2 pieces which i was fine with but the other girls were so mad.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Unless you're actually going out there to show off your body, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

idk i quit wearin one pieces at youth camp last yr our youth pastor said tht we had to have one pieces or a shirt of two pieces but even with a shirt it still shows too much once u get in the water...idk i just feel better abt myself in a bikinni and not all tht much in a one piece

Find a way to make it work. I find that if you get a comfortable one piece and some mesh short you will feel comfortable and not worry about leading the opposite sex into temptation.

There are other ways, just get creative!

I wear extra small soffe shorts as swimsuit bottoms, so that my butt if fully covered. However, I still wear the normal halter bikini top. I make sure it covers well enough and fits well enough that it will not come off easily or move around to expose anything. Other than that, there isn't much mroe I could do, unless never swim ever. Besides, the only time I do swim is in family pools or friend's ponds.. never in public, and the only guys that see me are usually only my boyfriend, or the my and my boyfriend's other male friends, and the guys all have a "hands off" rule when it comes to girlfriends. You don't touch, you don't flirt, you don't look at your friend's girl. So, I'd say I do a pretty good job being modest and not exposing myself too much.

Actually I ALWAYS try to dress modest. It says right in the Bible that girls need to dress modest!

And guys have a stronger sexual hormones so when they see a girl wearing revealing clothes they, well see certain things.

And trust me, I don't want a guy... other than my future husband... to look at me like that or picture sexual things.

I have a sort of tankini thing with a skirt on it. It doesn't reveal too much and I always make sure it fits ok. The only problem is trying to keep the skirt from floating up. That is annoying, but I mostly like to just float in an inner tube when I swim, so I don't have to worry about it then.

Ugh my gosh I totally agree. But it really bugs me that the only COOL suits are the immodest ones, and usually the modest ones are really ugly and look terrible on my body. XD So Yeah, I'm stuck with a modest, but terrifying swimsuit. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this