Sign in to follow this  
DianaMarie92

Giving out your #

Well,I was reading th "Mens Forum" (lol, dont we all?) and I saw that they were speakign about askign girls for their number. I was wondering if a guy comes up to you and asks for your number what would you say? Does it depend on what he looks like? does it depend on how he approaches you? spill the beans girlies :-)

It depends with me. If its some random guy I've just met, like, two seconds ago then no way. If its someone I've seen around before then maybe. If its a guy that I like meet at camp and hang out with, then yes, probably...it's not a problem I'm faced with as I don't get asked for my number that often..

I don't really give out my number to guys. I do have some guys put their numbers in my cell though, which I find kind of dumb since I usually don't talk to them. I don't think however that I would be comfortable just giving out my number to some guy I'm not well acquainted to. I have given my number to some guy friends or guys in the youth group though.

"My father will not allow me to give out my phone number, sorry"

Works every time and most daddies dont mind being the excuse.

But..no..i wont give my number to a guy unless I actually know him first.

^that's the excuse I used.

I've only had this happen to me twice. first time, it was my college professor who was getting my number so he could hook me up on a blind date with another student of his. I said my parents wouldn't be comfortable with it.

second time, the guy was a good friend and he only wanted the number because he likes a lot of contacts in his phone.. he thinks it makes him look important. he was taking everyones phone numbers that night.

unless I knew him really well, I would say no. I don't like to talk on the phone, let alone to random guys.

I usually do not give out my phone number. I use the lovely excuse Jessica gave usually.

eh, well i've never really been asked for my number randomly...usually its a guy i know, and i usually ask for his number when he asks for mine.

Well I think i would give my phone number away! But only if i thought i could trust him and if ive talked with him for a long while!! O and of course if i knew him in person!! But ya i would also talk to someone i don't know very well.......like someone off the internet! Ya i know your not really supposed to do that! But if i talk to the guy and think that we could be good friends then of course i'm going to talk to him on the phone! :D Sorry if ya'll think that is not OK.. But hey that's me and that is what i would do! :P

Love AJ,

It would definately depend. Did he make an impression? Where is he asking for it? If it's at a retreat or something where I know that he has a relationship with God then I'd be psyched to give him my number... never been asked for my number though.

This is my phone number: (641) 985-7888

Seriously, that's the Rejection Hotline. Whenever a guy wants your number and you don't want him calling...give him that. It's super funny what it says when you call it, and it's not long distance...at least not for me.

Seriously, that's the Rejection Hotline. Whenever a guy wants your number and you don't want him calling...give him that. It's super funny what it says when you call it, and it's not long distance...at least not for me.[/b]

The rejection hot line phone number in Michigan is (248) 262-6861.I guess it depends on where you live. :)

In the UK the Radio 1 has this thing called 'Flirt Divert'. If you've swapped numbers with someone and you wish you hadn't, you give their number to the flirt divert, and when they try to call you, the call is diverted to radio one, and they play the message on air! I have never listened to it, but I heard it is funny.

I wouldn't give my number to a guy that just asked for it straight off. If I knew them better then yeah, but they shouldn't expect anything from it, other than a few texts maybe. I dunno, I don't get asked for my number anymore. I used to and I gave it to a guy who just asked for it once. But I wouldn't do that now.

In the UK the Radio 1 has this thing called 'Flirt Divert'. If you've swapped numbers with someone and you wish you hadn't, you give their number to the flirt divert, and when they try to call you, the call is diverted to radio one, and they play the message on air! I have never listened to it, but I heard it is funny.

I wouldn't give my number to a guy that just asked for it straight off. If I knew them better then yeah, but they shouldn't expect anything from it, other than a few texts maybe. I dunno, I don't get asked for my number anymore. I used to and I gave it to a guy who just asked for it once. But I wouldn't do that now.[/b]

Thats funny!!! :roflol:

I do give out my number but it depends. Most of the time I have had a conversation with the guy and then we we get ready to leave he will ask for it. If the conversation went well then yeah I will give them my number, if it went not so well then I give him my best friend's number ( a guy) and let him deal with it. He does the same with girls he meets and doesn't really like...we take care of each other that way lol.

If it's someone I know, yeah

If it's someone I meet at the mall, have a ten minute conversation with, is super nice, yeah

If it's someone I meet at the mall, hits on me, asks for my number, no way. I dunno what I'd say though. I'd probably just get scared and walk away. :rolleyes:

lol, im not that much into giving my number to people who i dont know. I personally love to say "instead of me giving you my number, you give me yours" :-)

"My father will not allow me to give out my phone number, sorry"

Works every time and most daddies dont mind being the excuse.

But..no..i wont give my number to a guy unless I actually know him first.[/b]

I thought I'd say something here 'cause I use the same basic excuse...sometimes. But if a guy for some sycotic reason asks me for my number I ussually say my cell phone is total junk (which it is) and that I can't give out my home phone 'cause my dad would be so mad. So instead, I ask for theirs. Or not. I generally get the creepy ones that society throws away. <_<

Seriously, that's the Rejection Hotline. Whenever a guy wants your number and you don't want him calling...give him that. It's super funny what it says when you call it, and it's not long distance...at least not for me.[/b]

haha, i was gunna mention that! i dont think id ever really give it out to anyone, unless it was some jerk or creep or something...

lol the rejection hotline..lol...its pretty harsh...what would you guys do if the guy you were giving the rejection hotline number to, already knew it..? lol, that would be a sight to see.

Unfortunately we don't have a rejection hot line for SD. As soon as you say the area code they'd know that I'd be lying :(.

lol the rejection hotline..lol...its pretty harsh...what would you guys do if the guy you were giving the rejection hotline number to, already knew it..? lol, that would be a sight to see.[/b]

Yeah I thought of that when I read about it! Although I cannot imagine myself in the situation, I suppose it would be:

"Oh, so you have called this number before then?! Well now I really will have to think twice about giving you my real number! Err... Okay, I've thought... bye!"

How embarrassing.

Sign in to follow this