Sign in to follow this  
Cary

Exciting News About the Future of The Christian Teen Forums

It is with much excitement that I honor and privilege of announcing that the Christian Teen Forums is under new leadership!

Without a doubt, over the past few months (or should I say years?), this community has been neglected by the ownership. The site was never consistently up, it's been full of errors, and to just put things simply - it's been a mess. And you know what? It hasn't been fair to you. So we're making changes and I want to let you know about them. Have I mentioned I'm excited yet?!?!

Change #1 - New ownership/leadership team

As previously mentioned, this community is working on a new leadership team. The site is now officially owned by myself and you have my word that I will not forget about you. I will be here to help improve the site and make it the best I possibly can. But here's the deal - I can't do this alone. I need you and other leaders to help me along the way. I need your site suggestions. My inbox is always open to you and I encourage you to use it and use it often!

It's also with great excitement that I announce the founder of ChristianTeenForums.com is rejoining our staff! Syphon is no stranger to this community and I have no doubt that he, especially with his past leadership and experience with these forums, will be a great addition to our staff.

We are also restructuring the remaining staff of Moderators and more information on that will follow. If you have any interest in serving on our team, would you please send me a message? Just tell me a little about yourself and why you'd like to serve. We have some great plans in the works and so we're going to need a little more help around this place.

Change #2 - We're getting a new web server!

Actually, truth be told, we're already on a new web server. What does that mean? No more down time. No more errors. Stability. Things should be fast and working. All the time. As the site grows, we'll evaluate what changes we need to make to ensure that our server is powerful enough to keep up with the load here.

Change #3 - Software upgrades are coming!

Please be patient with us on this one, but we have improvements to our software coming. Remember the arcade? CTF Cash? Chat? Stick around 'cause we're bringing them back. I know these are features that are important to you all and that you love them and so we're bringing them back. But again - I ask for your patience as we seek to find the most effective way to re-establish these features in this community.

Change #4 - Forum Restructuring

We're going to be cleaning up this place a little. Forum names will change and be moved around. New categories will appear, some will disappear. Consider this spring cleaning… only it's summer. Again - if you have suggestions on what to do here, feel free to send me a message. I'm all ears for hearing your suggestions and my inbox is always open.

Change #5 - Statement of Faith

This is a big one. We're working on a new Statement of Faith and Mission Statement for this site that will be announced soon. Don't worry - if you believe the Bible, you'll be fine with the new statement of faith. Everything will be straight out of Scripture. Every statement will be listed with Bible verses that support it. If you're not that much into the Bible, more than likely you'll have a problem with the new statement of faith. :) From this point on, and you'll hear me say this quite often, the mission of Jesus will guide every decision and thing that we do here on the Christian Teen Forums.

There will also be a few more changes but we will announce those later. We are going to provide resources for our members to help you with your walk with Christ. What does that consist of? You'll have to stick around and see! :)

Phew, that was a lot to unload. If you have any questions, concerns, thoughts, or anything at all regarded the future of this community, please don't hesitate to message me. I look forward to what the future holds… there are some exciting days ahead!

-Cary

Howdy and Hello! Nice to meet you Cary! And welcome back Syphon!

I'll admit, certain statements in this post have me just a wee bit concerned but! I'm glad that the site is back in the hands of someone who is passionate about the community. ^_^

Howdy and Hello! Nice to meet you Cary! And welcome back Syphon!

I'll admit, certain statements in this post have me just a wee bit concerned but! I'm glad that the site is back in the hands of someone who is passionate about the community. ^_^

Thanks. If there are any concerns whatsoever, I encourage you to message me and let me know what those concerns are. I'm more than happy to clarify on anything that I've said.

This is a big one. We're working on a new Statement of Faith and Mission Statement for this site that will be announced soon. Don't worry - if you believe the Bible, you'll be fine with the new statement of faith. Everything will be straight out of Scripture. Every statement will be listed with Bible verses that support it. If you're not that much into the Bible, more than likely you'll have a problem with the new statement of faith. :) From this point on, and you'll hear me say this quite often, the mission of Jesus will guide every decision and thing that we do here on the Christian Teen Forums.

This is of great concern.

I share Katy's concern over the new SoF, especially with the rhetoric of it being "straight out of scripture". I'm not saying that I'm against being biblically based but you need to take into account that not everyone agrees on what's "biblical" (and I've been in the church to know that "Scriptural" can be a pretty loaded term at times). You need a SoF that encompasses views as vast as Baptist to Catholic. For this reason I'd want to see a vetting process where representatives of different denominations, who are quality posters, agree on the SoF before it comes into effect. Other than that I'd like to welcome our new Admin. :)

I share Katy's concern over the new SoF, especially with the rhetoric of it being "straight out of scripture". I'm not saying that I'm against being biblically based but you need to take into account that not everyone agrees on what's "biblical" (and I've been in the church to know that "Scriptural" can be a pretty loaded term at times). You need a SoF that encompasses views as vast as Baptist to Catholic. For this reason I'd want to see a vetting process where representatives of different denominations, who are quality posters, agree on the SoF before it comes into effect. Other than that I'd like to welcome our new Admin. :)

Micah, we need to catch up. Missed ya, bro :hug:

I actually agree with this, more or less.

I hope you all know I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm not here on a power trip. I'm here because I think you guys are a pretty big deal. I'm here because I think you all are worth investing in.

This isn't the Methodist Teen Forum. It's not that Catholic Teen Forum. It's not the Baptist Teen Forum. It's not the Methodist Teen Forum. I could go on and on naming denominations. It's the Christian Teen Forums. If you profess to be a Christian, you are welcome here. If you aren't a Christian, you're still welcome. God isn't a Baptist, Anglican, Catholic, etc. and I'm well aware of it.

I'm still getting myself acquainted here and I will tell you this - it seems like we try to cater to every viewpoint that every single person has. That's not realistic. We all have different views and that's a fact of life. But we cannot continue to cater to every thing that someone brings up. We need to base our principals on a solid, single interpretation of God's Word. We need a foundation.

What if you disagree with something? It's okay, we're not going to ban you. Keep believing what your convictions are, I have absolutely no problem with it. You don't have to be afraid. But when we have one staff member saying X is correct and another saying Y is correct...that's when we have a problem. Again - we need a solid foundation. There's some good stuff in our current Statement of Faith, don't get me wrong. I just think we need to rework it a little. :)

I like how this n00b-min thinks.

I can call you a n00b-min, right? hehe. =P Change is good, but I miss being able to alter my user title at will. :\

Cary, I wasn't accusing you of being on a power trip or trying to cause trouble. My concern is mostly that rewriting the SoF is a mammoth task fraught with inevitable difficulties, unless it is something like the Nicene Creed (which all major branches of Christianity agree on). I simply want to see that nobody feels discriminated against because of their beliefs.

What if you disagree with something? It's okay, we're not going to ban you. Keep believing what your convictions are, I have absolutely no problem with it. You don't have to be afraid. But when we have one staff member saying X is correct and another saying Y is correct...that's when we have a problem. Again - we need a solid foundation. There's some good stuff in our current Statement of Faith, don't get me wrong. I just think we need to rework it a little. :)

But here's the problem: at times the SoF has been used as rules for what views you can and can't express.

Micah, we need to catch up. Missed ya, bro :hug:

Aww I've missed you too, Katy. I feel like I'm hardly on CTF lately.

I'm still getting myself acquainted here and I will tell you this - it seems like we try to cater to every viewpoint that every single person has. That's not realistic. We all have different views and that's a fact of life. But we cannot continue to cater to every thing that someone brings up. We need to base our principals on a solid, single interpretation of God's Word. We need a foundation.

I agree with this. I would only add that confessing the faith is done with the Church, while Scripture remains authoritative over the Church. So I hope the staff isn't trying to reinvent the wheel here, which it is incredibly inadequate to do. The statement of faith must be dependent upon the inauthoritative, but helpful edification we receive from all Christian traditions throughout all times and places, a means which the Holy Spirit uses to bring us into all truth, which is found in Scripture alone.

I'm kind of distressed by the fact that CTF hasn't ever just come out and defined what Christianity is apart from vague assertions that could make almost anyone a Christian. You're always going to make some people upset. They're free to disagree, and they can still discuss doctrine and life here with others from their own tradition. But at some point, Christian Teen Forum really needs to define what Christian is, and it needs to do this in a way that avoids both individualism and over-the-top communalism.

If you could meet any now-deceased famous person, who would it be (yes this is an incredibly important question)?

If you could meet any now-deceased famous person, who would it be (yes this is an incredibly important question)?

Wrong thread m'dear <3 I know, it's a pain trying to tell the difference know the forum order has changed xD

Wrong thread m'dear <3 I know, it's a pain trying to tell the difference know the forum order has changed xD

I'm such a derp. XD

Interesting.

I would say something about not restricting/suppressing fringe beliefs in the SoF, but I suppose I'm not here frequently enough anymore to care quite honestly.

Also, would it be possible to get our "Settings" button back?! After the update a while back, the settings button between "My Profile" and "Log Out" turned into a small, invisible (yet clickable) feature.

I'm kind of distressed by the fact that CTF hasn't ever just come out and defined what Christianity is apart from vague assertions that could make almost anyone a Christian. You're always going to make some people upset. They're free to disagree, and they can still discuss doctrine and life here with others from their own tradition. But at some point, Christian Teen Forum really needs to define what Christian is, and it needs to do this in a way that avoids both individualism and over-the-top communalism.

But the thing is, for such a forum to function properly, all definitions of Christian must be included. Christian Teen Forum must define Christian in a way that includes all Christians.

Sign in to follow this