T.O.W.R.

Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

Huh? XD

I realized I never explained, it's a fallout 4 reference. Synthetic humans invade the wasteland, their purpose unknown. Or unknown to me. I haven't followed a lot of the main storyline so far. Mostly I waste time sneakily beating up deathclaws in a vain effort to convince myself I'm not frightened of them.

Age of Empires 2, wow, I remember that game. Wish Steam had it for Mac. 

Syphon, you just made another post!

I've only had limited experience with Mac but my impressions were not favourable. It just seemed so complicated compared to Windows. 

So, with the Oscars coming up, I had an idea. What if we did a "CTF's Picks" for best Movie, Song, Actor, Actress, Band/Singer, Album, Game, and Event of the last year?

To add more forum participation?

So, with the Oscars coming up, I had an idea. What if we did a "CTF's Picks" for best Movie, Song, Actor, Actress, Band/Singer, Album, Game, and Event of the last year?

That sounds fun.

Anyone ever just look at all their belongings and feel like "ohmygoodness I wanna throw all of this away RIGHT NOW." 

I mean, not all, but I feel like I'm accumulating way too much paper. I think I need to have a "graduate school bonfire" this summer. :P

So, with the Oscars coming up, I had an idea. What if we did a "CTF's Picks" for best Movie, Song, Actor, Actress, Band/Singer, Album, Gamet , and Event of the last year?

Good Idea! Let's just not start a debate war on that cursed "oscars not black enough" hashtag. People that started it need to research the fact that the president of the oscars is black.

You know what bothers me about the movie "Aladdin"?

We just automatically assume that Jafar is the bad guy when we have no real basis as to why we should see him as such.

Sure his morals are a little grey, maybe even dark grey. But there is no reason to believe that his goal to be the Sultan is wrong. Under the current Sultan, it's hinted at that there are just a ton of poor people in the city and his guardsmen are a little too eager to just flat out murder anyone that breaks the law. No trial, no investigation. Just murder. Plus, Aladdin and Abu aren't the only characters that try to steal something. We see a kid try to steal something too. Just a little kid.

So we have a Sultan who apparently doesn't give any attention to the poor, doesn't care what his guards do, let's crime run rampant, and lives in a palace that is literally half the size of Agrabah. Which, I might add, he keeps his daughter locked up in. Jasmine had never been outside the palace until she snuck out one night. So it's seems that the Sultan would rather just play with his little animal figurines than pay attention to his daughter. He just gives her a pet tiger (which is a red flag in on itself) and spends what we can only assume is the last year or so looking for a Prince for her to marry so he can spend even more time playing with his little animal figures.

Jafar could very well see that Agrabah is just in terrible shape and wants to fix it. He knows that he isn't going to get the crown unless the Sultan and Jasmine are out of the picture, so he does what he can to secure the throne for himself. Getting the lamp would just make him more powerful and able to defend his city-state. Heck, it's even stated in the movie that Jafar has never executed anyone before and such violent behavior was "unlike him". Sure he tries to kill Aladdin too, but Aladdin would do everything he can to avenge the princess. Jafar was just trying to tie up all lose ends to becoming a Sultan, who for what we know, could be the best thing to happen to the run down Agrabah.

Jafar is evil because he looks and sounds middle eastern, and Aladdin is good because he sounds like he's from Denver. #slightlyracistdisney

Edited by Marley

Jafar is evil because he looks and sounds middle eastern, and Aladdin is good because he sounds like he's from Denver. #slightlyracistdisney

Well, yeah. I guess.

Dear bored

Today I played a game of chess online.

I brutally forced a stalemate by putting his king in check where he could only move to one space. Then I'd move somewhere else where he could only move his king back. Then I'd move to where I was before and we'd keep going.

So the match was a draw even though he was two castles ahead. 

It was awesome. I felt proud of myself as a result. 

Well, yeah. I guess.

Haha I like your explanation. XD 

I'm just being a pain in the butt. Don't mind me. :3

I went to a winter youth retreat, where it's a bunch of other teenagers, who are orthodox, and then we'd listen to a series of lectures from a priest, and do some activities together.
I had to be car-pooled, because our brakes are not working, and the ride was HILARIOUS.

One of the people in the car with me had a weird fascination for modern country music, and kept asking for it to be put on; so we put on Johnny Cash; he said "can we put on some real country music?" And I said, "Johnny Cash is real country music; Blake Shelton isn't." And then he started pushing my seat, I finally told him to cut it out, and his brother turns around, and yells; "STOP KICKING HER SEAT!" (in a really loud voice too, overly loud. XD) And then he started a BET on "if you get there after 12:15, you buy me something." So his father revs it from 40mph to 75mph for 10-15 seconds, and brings it back down to 40mph. (The father won the bet. XD)

I gave someone my e-mail, because I wanted to talk to that person, he has not e-mailed me, and it has been six days. (Honestly, I'm like; "okay, your loss." for some weird reason. XD)

3/4 of the ride home from camp was spent discussing an accident that occurred during WYR, and 1/4 of it teasing me. XD

I saw a Chevrolet Camaro, (IN THE DARK! AND BY ITS REAR HEADLIGHTS TOO! I'm so proud of myself. XD), and I was like, "Look! That's a chevrolet camaro! Look at its back lights! No other car has those back-lights, they're semi-circles!" And everyone was like, "whaaaaat?" 

So a few minutes later, someone was "look at that Toyota Prius! Its curvature is so cool, and its rear-lights! Look at them!" I start laughing, and then another person chimes in about another car, claiming that it was a Ferrari, and then I was like, "are you teasing me for identifying that Chevrolet Camaro?" 'Yeah,' "Is it going to continue for the rest of the ride?" 'Yep.' And I start laughing again, "okay! At least it's funny!" (They did it with a semi too. XD)

On the high-way, I accidentally rolled down the window, I shriek and roll it back up, because it was REALLY loud, and someone in the back goes; "If you had opened the door, you'd be dead. One down, three to go!" And I started laughing, again, and they continued on teasing me until I got to my house.

(Also had a funny argument; "That river is frozen! No it's not, I can see the currents. It's partially frozen. No, it is completely frozen!" So we go back and forth on wether or not "Mud Mountain" was frozen, the trees were frozen, the river was frozen, and if the power lines were frozen. He'd switch sides constantly, so it was extremely funny.

Me: "Have you ever lost an argument?"

Person: "No, how would you describe my arguing style?"

Me: "Persistent, stubborn,"

Person: "I'm not persistent, you're persistent."
Me: "Yes, I'm stubborn, and so are you."

Person: "You're persistent..." 

Me: "Friend, back me up, please?"

Friend: "Why?"

Me: "I need the backup..."

Friend: "Um... no?"

And on, and on it went. XD

Point taken; I had fun, I'd like to go to that place again were it not for the extravagant price... 

So if you go to get your nails done... is it normal for those korean/chinese guys to accidentally make your cuticles bleed because of their velocirapter sharp nails pushing them back? I'm just asking for a friend.

Also when I ask for gel nails I'm not asking for acrylics??

Really. Acrylics are bulbous on my stupid child size hands and I hate them.

Edited by JKAY

Hey hey hey.

Just saying what's up before I have to leave again. I hope you guys are all doing great and that life is treating you fantastically. I still don't know how long I'm going to be gone. I'll be back someday, but for now I'm just living life. Busy, crazy, wonderful life.

If any of you oldies want to keep in contact, my Skype is tkisme_ . I promise I'll reply as soon as I can, but catching me where I can actually have a conversation with you is a fairly rare occurrence. (Unless you're Jakob. Then I'll try to make time. <3.)

Also, it has occurred to me since typing this out that today is my 4-year CTF-versary. To think that I joined when I was thirteen and an insufferable noobie and now I'm almost 18 and a (quiet and now reclusive) staff member. Crazy.

Until next time.

Hey hey hey.

Just saying what's up before I have to leave again. I hope you guys are all doing great and that life is treating you fantastically. I still don't know how long I'm going to be gone. I'll be back someday, but for now I'm just living life. Busy, crazy, wonderful life.

If any of you oldies want to keep in contact, my Skype is tkisme_ . I promise I'll reply as soon as I can, but catching me where I can actually have a conversation with you is a fairly rare occurrence. (Unless you're Jakob. Then I'll try to make time. <3.)

Also, it has occurred to me since typing this out that today is my 4-year CTF-versary. To think that I joined when I was thirteen and an insufferable noobie and now I'm almost 18 and a (quiet and now reclusive) staff member. Crazy.

Until next time.

Okaybai (until you log in tomorrow again because that's what everyone does when they set their online status to private so they can pretend they've left.)

Edited by Josh (J)

Hey hey hey.

Until next time.

Miss you TK!

Chilling at my new service's station. I actually get to sleep in a bed while on call; perhaps a bit overly excited about that.