On 10/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, Yoda said:

I would get the vaccine.

If the vaccine is from Russia or China, you would still get vaccinated?

every time I get vaccinated, my food allergies get worse.  They're so severe. I already can't eat from 3 food groups without losing my ability to breathe or losing all control of my bowels.  
My life sucks enough in this body without things getting worse. Will take my chances with the rona.

That's another thing. A friend of mine did some math and figured the death rate for CoViD was about. . . I wanna say 0.003 percent of the cases. So if that is true, then there is that.

I think that’s about right, Where’s the vaccine only has a 94% success rate. I mean, that’s an impressive percentage, but the immune system still works better. 

Not to mention, I like my DNA the way it is, thank you very much xD

I've heard arguments against getting the vaccine, and I do know that the cases of death are a very small percentage of cases, kinda making it seem pointless. That said, I'd probably get it just to stop hearing about it, cuz I hear a lot of places like workplaces are thinking of making it a mandatory thing.

Ideally, I'd rather wait to see what the vaccine is like. Might not even be effective, but if all goes well I'm fine with it I suppose.

Deaths are only a small percentage of cases, but you can still get seriously ill due to the virus. You also don't know if you'll be vulnerable or not - you can be vulnerable due to genetic reasons; it's not just elderly people who have died from Covid.

Even though the death rate is low, the virus is extremely contagious and you could very likely pass on the virus to other people. 

Furthermore, Covid is a new virus and the world doesn't know its long term effects - it could cause serious health effects 5 years after infection for instance. We're not able to test or have experience with this yet. 

Last point, the virus is constantly mutating and it could mutate into a more lethal version. If this happens the existing vaccine could offer you either partial or complete protection, or the vaccine could be modified to give you higher protection. 

Rothwell, we know the virus is not from Russia or China but even in this hypothetical I would do my research and would still likely end up taking the vaccine. Our Governments and science departments can do their own tests on the vaccine, and lots of people will get the vaccine before I'm able to, so there's that. 

If the virus is constantly mutating, then there's just as much of a chance that the vaccine will be totally ineffective though.

CoViD19 is a new strain, but the Coronavirus contagion itself has been studied since the 90's, at least. It can't be that much different.

Also, I thought vaccines were by definition a weakened or killed disease that is administered to bolster immunities. If it isn't dead, and someone is vulnerable, there's the possibility that the vaccine could infect them. Might be wrong on that bit though.

I have a huge phobia for injections, but hopefullyI will manage to get through this haha. I'm not afraid of vaccine itself, just the needle.

Obviously the Astra Zeneca blod-clotting issue may seem terrifying, but statistically speaking I'd say it's worth the risk...

I hope the vaccinations go smoothly with everyone intending to get them!