RightNote

Loneliness and COVID-19

As physical distancing rules have resulted in a decline of in-person social contact, a lot of teens are feeling lonely. without intervention, prolonged loneliness can have a profound negative impact on health and wellbeing. how does the covid 19 pandemic affect you mentally? 

I was already pretty lonely prior to the pandemic, so it hasn't had a huge effect quite frankly. It's given me an excuse to not worry too much about it and focus on other things. Can't say the loneliness doesn't sting but I've kinda accepted it as a "it is what it is" type thing

Many people has been greatly affected by this pandemic, but it's comforting to know, that there are some that's been coping very well during these times. :thumbup:

On 12/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, LittleMac said:

I was already pretty lonely prior to the pandemic, so it hasn't had a huge effect quite frankly. It's given me an excuse to not worry too much about it and focus on other things. Can't say the loneliness doesn't sting but I've kinda accepted it as a "it is what it is" type thing

I really admire how you handle being lonely, I love your positive attitude.

On 12/18/2020 at 4:31 AM, Lucidity said:

It hasn't. Not much different than the rest of me life.

So how are you these days?

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM, ComedyMusicHistory said:

I'm just happy not having to go out of the house much.

Yeah, for those of us who don't want to go out into society, this year hasn't been too bad.

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 3:44 PM, RightNote said:

So how are you these days?

Fair to middling. Dealing with some things in another online community but otherwise pretty fair. How about yourself?

Remote learning, lockdowns and pandemic uncertainty have increased anxiety and depression among adolescents

Frankly, I'm beginning to think that a shorter list would be what doesn't increase anxiety among adolescents. On the whole, I think this kinda underlines why kids need to be in a Christian, traditional, environment.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:59 AM, rothwell said:

Remote learning, lockdowns and pandemic uncertainty have increased anxiety and depression among adolescents

This is true actually. I've seen on some websites that most people that adolescents are mostly having this mental illness which is really alarming to others. But you can reduce it in some ways like exercising, proper diet, reading books or other activities that can boost your own physical and mental health.

think of activities that are enjoyable and productive for the kids so they won't be bored and lonely. how are your kids now?

Edited by KaiTeen

On 1/19/2021 at 12:55 AM, KaiTeen said:

think of activities that are enjoyable and productive for the kids so they won't be bored and lonely. how are your kids now?

Yes, that's what I did. I also made one on one time for each kid especially my teen.