Sign in to follow this  
ComedyMusicHistory

Several tied to Haiti assassination plot were previously US law enforcement informants

The president of Haiti was recently assassinated. Several of those who were likely involved previously worked as informants for the US Drug Enforcement Administration. This whole story is very strange and sad. And, the more that comes out the weirder it gets.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/americas/haiti-assassination-plot-us-law-informants/

According to the article now, only one was admitted to be an informant for the DEA, but apparently a few others had ties to the FBI.
Something to keep in mind is that informants are typically criminals, as evidenced by the FBI's statement about only gaining intelligence lawfully.

That said, I'm at a loss as to why the assassins wanted the Colombian president dead.

I don't know. I mean I know Colombia has been having a lot of protests and the president is very unpopular there, but I'm not sure how that relates to the Haiti situation. 

I'd have to look at the article and find out why I said Colombian and not Haitian. More than Likely I had a mental disconnect.