worship

braves_fan

i've really been digesting a lot, spiritually, lately because God has been teaching me so much about true worship. i'm beginning to really understand that worship really is a life style and i'm learning how to live a worshipful life and it's amazing how my point of view on everything has changed in every way. what do you all think about worship?

worship to me, is something that you can give back to God in a service. the whole service is geared towards YOU and giving you cousel on how you live your life as a Christian ie: believer and worhship is the only thing in the whole service where you can say..you know what Lord, i love you and i give my life to you wholly! it's an awesome and amazing experience when you realize all this!

singing to an audience of one

~miss nikki

Originally posted by praisin_princess@May 13 2004, 11:04 AM

worship to me, is something that you can give back to God in a service.

hey nikki!! welcome to the boards!! I hope you like it here!! :clap:

i disagree to some extent about this. worship is totally not just a service we go to once or twice a week. worship is a lifestyle!! There is absolutely no reason why you can't worship during the week at home by yourself or even with your daily activities!!

We are called to worship daily with everything we do. Our whole lives can be living sacrifices and glorify and bring honor to God.

look at these verses: (Where does the Bible say worship is your life? )

~Psalm 104:33 "I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."

~Psalm 105:4 "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always"

~Psalm 113:3 "From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised"

~Psalm 119:62 "At midnight I rise to hive you thanks for your righteous laws."

~Pslam 119:147 "I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word."

~Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."

~Luke 9:23 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

~Romans 12:1 "Therefore I urge you , brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship."

~1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

~Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

~Hebrews 13:15 "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of the lips that confess his name."

I hope it helps guys!! :)

Originally posted by Brandy+May 13 2004, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brandy @ May 13 2004, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--praisin_princess@May 13 2004, 11:04 AM

worship to me, is something that you can give back to God in a service.

hey nikki!! welcome to the boards!! I hope you like it here!! :clap:

i disagree to some extent about this. worship is totally not just a service we go to once or twice a week. worship is a lifestyle!! There is absolutely no reason why you can't worship during the week at home by yourself or even with your daily activities!! [/b]

I agree with you 100%! It's all in the heart, no matter where you are or where you go! B)

yeah... i'm learning to live worship more and more. living a worshipful life is spending every right now to please God. making your whole being a living sacrifice and obeying him with every moment. this isn't always easy; i'll be the first to say i do stupid things everyday, but yesterday doesn’t matter and tomorrow doesn’t matter yet. today matters and not only just today, but also right now.