forgiving one another

aprossa

I would love hear how ya'll would fill if ya were in my situation. I'll try to make this as short as possible. I'm married and I have a one month old son, my only child. My husbands father is a dead beat dad. He comes in and out of my husbands life like his son has no feelings or something. His dad is divorced because he beat and verbally abused his wife including committing adultery and he's a pervert. He is not sorry for any of it. He probably thinks she deserved it. He cons people and uses them and I think thats what he trys to do to his son. His son is a wonderful righteous man wanting to one day be a preacher. So you see he's nothing like his father thank goodness. His dad goes in and out of church. THis year he recently started goin back after 10 months of not goin. He didn't see his son at all or call at all while he was away. I think he came back because I was pregnant. I'm very weary about having him around my son. I want to protect my son from people like him . It's my job to protect him. I'm sure his dad will vanish again. I don't know if he will ever be a faithful christian. See my father was a abusive man, so I sort of see my father in him. I know deep down his dad doesn't like me ,probably because he knows I don't care much for him or trust him.He puts on a act though, trying to get close to my son. I know we need to forgive as christ has forgiven us ,but it is so hard to be around a man that is so tainted. If ya were in my situation what would ya do.

i can't even really say what i would do. I think i would feel just like you do. It is one thing to forgive him and another thing for you to protect your son from him and people like him. You can forgive someone but not understand their reasoning and you can let the relationship go because some relationships can destroy a person. I know it is so easy for us to say forgive him but it is harder to do. I won't go in depth but i've posted about chi-chi who passed away, and her sunday school teacher form senior year was just a bad person towards her and ignored her and just basically did her wrong in a lot of situations and when Chi-Chi became sick all of a sudden she pretended like she knew her and she said(which stills makes me mad to this day) before we even knew the depth of her illness went around the church saying that she was going to die. Fast forwarding to now. Peju my sister's friend who was also Chi-chi's friend saw her teacher and we were just looking at her just in disgust still then she said if Christ can forgive so can I. It is hard, but letting go of the anger is much better than holding on to it and never forgiving the person because it then starts to affect your life in different ways. So in all i say forgive him it might take time but it will be better in the long run

I'm not sure what I would do either but I heard a message on forgiveness the other day and a point that was made was that forgiveness is giving up your right to hurt those people who have already hurt you. So they way I am seeing it, is that you can forgive your father in law and still have reservations about trusting him with your child. Maybe you could try "playdates" with just you him and your kid so that you could sort of moniter their interaction. just a thought...

the only thing u can do is to pray for ur father-in- law. it would be tough trying to change a man like him but through prayer anything is possible.....he might not like u but u should still be good too him. overlook his faults n concentrate on the good side of him n work from there.....it would be tough, no doubt about dat, but he's human....just pray for him, ur husband n for urself n see where He leads you.....we all here will be praying for u so u r not alone in this....let us know how it goes..... :)

• 2 weeks later...