'Avatar' replaces 'Titanic' in record books

Jarrax Volk

Great visuals but an absolutely atrocious script and execution. The only reasons it broke this record are the costs of IMAX tickets and the weak competition this time of year from other movies. Avatar wasn't even the best sci-fi film from last year.[/b]

There's plenty of competition now, why's it still sold out every time I try and see it?

Great visuals but an absolutely atrocious script and execution. The only reasons it broke this record are the costs of IMAX tickets and the weak competition this time of year from other movies. Avatar wasn't even the best sci-fi film from last year.[/b]

I agree. Sure it made tons of money but the characters are not memorable imo...the film doesn't have a huge cultural impact like Titanic or Gone with the Wind or Star Wars has had :P

• 3 months later...

I thought "titanic" was kind of boring. Avatar was cool,though the plot was used before.I think..and,it's a very good movie,despite that.people also tend to find the smallest details about something,and focus on those...but overall,avatar was amazing,and i'm not surprised it replaced titanic.