What is God teaching you! :)

ge-unworthy-loved

Hey all! :)

I was thinking this today and I thought it would be interesting for people to share what God is teaching them in their life right now, or something amazing that God has taught you in the past that just made you stop and think about how you’re living your life for him.

I think that God has taught me a lot recently!

Do you ever go through times were a verse or a chapter from the bible just gets stuck in your head no matter where you go! Lately Psalm 139 has just gripped me completely I think it’s mind blowing how God knows us and lives life with us guiding as we walk. J

God has been speaking through the whole chapter but particularly the last two verses.

Search me, Oh God, and know my heart;

Test me and know my anxious thoughts

Point out any wicked way in me (Show me)

And lead me in the way everlasting!

Search me, Test me, Show me, Lead me. When we walk with him we need to be willing to let him do all these things, let him guide you as you walk with him and sometimes there will be just a little bit of light that guides the way and you can only take it one step at a time, but if you let him he will guide you along the path.

This is what God has been teaching me...what about you...would love to hear how God is speaking into your life!

Gemma :)

I have been learning about a couple different things, but one that is keeps sticking in my mind is from Romans 8:28 which says "God makes everything work together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose"

What hit me was that if God makes everything work together for the good of those "who love him" then nothing works for the good of those who don't love him. I have learned what it really means to love God from studying the scriptures and listening to a sermon before that. Therefore, I am trying to love God with everything I have, and basically to be all God's everyday.

God is definitely teaching me forgiveness right now. He's really drilling it in and it's one of the biggest things I struggle with. Does anyone have tips or advice on how to make forgiveness easier, especially when people have done quite bad things to me?

God is definitely teaching me forgiveness right now. He's really drilling it in and it's one of the biggest things I struggle with. Does anyone have tips or advice on how to make forgiveness easier, especially when people have done quite bad things to me?

Draw as close to God as possible (through praise, worship, reflection, scripture, prayer, fasting, etc), asking Him to give you His capacity for forgiveness. I know that's definitely one way.

@ Joshua...

Do you mean you don't think God is teaching you things about your life, or do you mean what I said is a cliche?

Wasn't supposed to be was just thinking about, and what God has been teaching me, I really struggled with things at home and stuff and that verse just hit home for me, and that's what stood out for me...search me, test me, show me, lead me... he knows all about it and how God is in control he guides the way...

Maybe it sounds cheesy to others but that's just what really stood out as I read it. :)

GOD is teaching me to love. I lived for many years without love and compassion in my heart. I had a radical spiritual change and GOD had restored my heart. I pray for the knowledge to have love and compassion for people, even when I disagree with them. Each day He is teaching me that a spiritual life is the key to my happiness.

@ Joshua...

Do you mean you don't think God is teaching you things about your life, or do you mean what I said is a cliche?

Well, to be honest I guess it does sound a bit cheesy. I would prefer to live in a real, complex and messy world. I don't like a life in which every single week is another ending to a 1980s television sitcom in which someone summarises events into a series of short memorable life lessons. This is just me and my Christianity though. I'm sure there are many Christians who have a much more individualistic and moralistic faith in which this sort of thing is very popular.

Well, to be honest I guess it does sound a bit cheesy. I would prefer to live in a real, complex and messy world. I don't like a life in which every single week is another ending to a 1980s television sitcom in which someone summarises events into a series of short memorable life lessons. This is just me and my Christianity though. I'm sure there are many Christians who have a much more individualistic and moralistic faith in which this sort of thing is very popular.

Yeah I see where your coming from... the world is a messy place that's reality and I don't ignore that but I try to help others and show God to them in lots of different ways.

Everybodies different and I remember stuff like that and different wee quotes and things, but totally see it from your perspective! :)

Love hearing how God teaching others, thanks for sharing everyone!

God's continually teaching me to keep my big yap shut. >.<

And whenever I DO open my big yap, he's always reminding me to cut down on the sarcasm, use nicer tones, and to really watch what I say, and how I word it.

Thanks Foofer! This is awesome... made me laugh :)

I completely agree with this statement God's teaching me this all the time!!! Sometimes I wish i'd listen a bit more though ;)