My heart breaks when I hear about what my friends are doing. Am I too involved?

I'm trying to live my life as pure as I can, which is a real battle for me and I used to talk to one of my friends about this extensively and he was on by side but his views have changed in recent years (he is set on marrying this girl). I know they are active, even though he doesn't talk to me about it anymore, and it honestly breaks my heart (for lack of a better phrase). Has anyone else ever felt this way, like you just sink? I know this isn't my business and I've tried to talk to him about it before but he doesn't want anything to change. It is honestly hard having serious conversations with him because I know our views differ so much.  I try to block out the facts and just keep our conversations casual but its hard. Anyone ever had a similar situation / felt this way?

Is the problem that they're having sex? You're a little vague...

Well, should that indeed be the issue than you may just want to let it be. I mean, premarital sex certainly isn't the most positive thing in the world but as long as they're serious about each other (which I'm presupposing, since he intends to get hitched) and this isn't just a casual fling, I can't imagine it is too destructive. And honestly I wouldn't think it would be an issue worth (further) alienating the friendship over.

What worries me is that because of this, you can't have anything more than a casual conversation?

Love him. Love her. Pray for both of them, for their relationship, for their future. Pray for yourself and your position. Pray and love and care and preach when the time is right.

It really is simple.

Oh yes. Many of times my heart has felt distressed for such reasons.

I was in a similar situation a year ago. Someone I dearly cared for started having opposing views to what they once agreed with. It was extremely hard for me..especially knowing that they were not raised with that mindset. Multiple times, I tried discussing it with them and each time they turned a blind eye because they enjoyed the affection. Despite that it was wrong. You just need to pray for him since he is not wanting it to change. I prayed and eventually God made a way for me to help them back to Christ(if your friend is a Christian).

• 3 weeks later...

I understand that situation-- I have a friend that wants to run away and marry this guy that she's slept with on numerous occasions.

Remember that Jesus hung with sinners, prostitutes, liars, gamblers, thieves-- and his views on God stayed the same. I know we're not Jesus, but you are his beautiful disciple, and you are his hands and feet. It's hard to stay the same, but pray to God, talk to other friends and catch up on the Word.

You can't change everyone, but you can make them think. You don't even have to say anything-- just don't bring up his sex life (if he brings it up, then whatever, ya know?) and just encourage him on his promise to stay with this girl. His mindset is with the world, but you have something he doesn't-- the Holy Spirit. You obviously know it's wrong, the Holy Spirit told you so. God gave you a good head on your shoulders. Everyone has a hole in their heart that only God can fill. He's trying to fill it with this girl... She's only human. This May or may not last, but whatever happens, pray for him that maybe you or anyone can fight the demons shrouding his relationship everyday