Pork-Laced Ammo Designed

God-Sent

Please support your claims.

The Judeo-Christian texts do not state that the earth is flat.

The false claim bats are birds i'm assuming you're referring to Leviticus 11:13–19.

"The Hebrew word for bird is actually owph which means “fowl/winged creature.” The word owph simply means “to fly” or “has a wing.” So, the word includes birds, bats, and even flying insects. The alleged problem appears due to translation of owph as bird. Birds are included in the word owph, but owph is not limited to birds."

Please don't make baseless accusations.

Please don't accuse me of baseless accusations when you have yet to support literally any claim you've made.

The Bible is not a scientific text. It's ridiculous to pretend like it is, just as it's ridiculous to act as if Islam was a danger to our education when we owe Muslims for the preservation of ancient texts and numerous ancient scientific discoveries. 

The fact that you don't know the history of the Catholic Church or ancient Islamic societies doesn't mean I'm making baseless accusations, and I'm far too irritated to continue this conversation or spoonfeed you basic historical facts. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't accuse me of baseless accusations when you have yet to support literally any claim you've made.

The Bible is not a scientific text. It's ridiculous to pretend like it is, just as it's ridiculous to act as if Islam was a danger to our education when we owe Muslims for the preservation of ancient texts and numerous ancient scientific discoveries. 

The fact that you don't know the history of the Catholic Church or ancient Islamic societies doesn't mean I'm making baseless accusations, and I'm far too irritated to continue this conversation or spoonfeed you basic historical facts. 

Okay...

"In the middle ages and well into the Renaissance, the Roman Catholic Church did teach geocentrism, but was that based upon the Bible? The Church’s response to Galileo (1564–1642) was primarily from the works of Aristotle (384–322 BC) and other ancient Greek philosophers. It was Augustine (AD 354–430), Thomas Aquinas (1224–1274) and others who ‘baptized’ the work of these pagans and termed them ‘pre-Christian Christians’. This mingling of pagan science and the Bible was a fundamental error for which the Church eventually paid a tremendous price."

Galileo was a Christian..,Christian scientists.

"This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being....This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God "pantokrator," or Universal Ruler...." -Isaac Newton

It's really charming how, in a discussion about rednecks making pork-bullets to piss off Muslims, we've been able to deny both Christianity and Islam's contribution to science and throw in some Catholic Church-bashing.

I wasn't bashing the Roman Catholic Church. I was just merely stating the facts in regards to the topic to show where the error came from.

It was Islam. Ancient Muslim societies preserved ancient knowledge and made numerous scientific discoveries. That's a basic, if unappreciated historical fact. The discovery that light travels to us rather than from us? A Muslim man discovered that. Modern science owes its very existence to early Muslim alchemists.

My point is that it is ridiculous to act as if we owe our education to Christianity when the foundation of our education is something we owe to ancient Muslim societies and Muslim scientists, philosophers, doctors and scholars.

I think I didn't explain myself well when I said we owe our education to Christianity.  Over 90% of our college institutions were created by the Church.  The initial motto of Harvard? "Truth for Christ and the Church."  What does the Princeton crest say? "Under God she flourishes" What did Yale's charter read when it was created by clergy men? “Wherein Youth may be instructed in the Arts and Sciences [and] through the blessing of Almighty God may be fitted for Publick employment both in Church and Civil State.” We also owe our hospital system to Christianity.  Pretty much all of Western developed society we owe to the fact European Christians didn't succumb to the Muslim invasion.

Edited by JAG