My family always yells at me and im tired of it?!?!

im 15 and my sister is 28. She just loves yelling at me. In my house no one ever takes my side so what am i supposed to do? I'm the youngest and I'm always insecure and shy. Usually after someone yells at me, i go to my room crying and bawling. I feel like I'm useless. So when I'm out the house, i feel the same way and i hate that about me. But seriously, what should i do? when i try to speak up, everything goes wrong. I always wonder God, why me?

Just ignore and pray for her. She yells at you because she wants a response from you, if she doesn't get that then she will quit eventually.

Proverbs 9:13 "A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple, and knoweth nothing." KJV

(clamorous means "loud")

Family stuff can be hard, its difficult to deal with those we live in close proximity too and their words often hurt us more than casual remarks from a friend of aquantince would.

One thing I would suggest is to try to bring up your concerns when emotions arn't running so high. Rather than say something in the midst of a fight, maybe you could express your concerns in a level headed way to your folks and your sister. Tell them how you feel, be honest, but try not to let your emotions take over. As for shyness and insecurity, I challenge you to put it into Gods hands and be willing to step out of your comfort zone a bit. Surrounding yourself with good people and activities to keep you busy can buffer some of the sting of your personal life by giving you another 'purpose' so to speak. I know its hard when your young and you can't drive, but maybe see if there is any sort of summer volunteer work or camp type thing you can do in your community. Working with people in such a setting may help you with your shyness as it gives you more of a purpose and something to talk about.

I caution you against dwelling on the 'Why Me God?' question too much. The fact of the matters is that God knows. He knows who you are and where your going and he knows how much you can take, even if you don't think you can. To him, you are endlessly beautiful, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to use whatever means necessary to mold you into the person he created you to be. I know its really tough, but try not to get stuck in a victim mindset, it will just make you feel helpless and depressed. Draw close to God when your feeling weak, but be ready to work for his kingdom. He never promised it would be easy, but that it was good.

Oh yes, that's a good question, Oh God, why do I live in a rich country, why do I have a family around me, why do I have health, Oh God, why me?

Other than that - grow a spine, or learn to ignore people.

If you have nothing to contribute, I'd suggest not posting at all. So maybe it seems to you she's overreacting, she could feel trapped and helpless and your best advice for her is to "grow a spine?" People are different. I've met women who could scream and yell with the best of them, and others with a quiet spirit who couldn't even take a scolding. Same goes for men for that matter. There's no status quo when it comes to this, so don't look down from your high horse and act like she's some pampered, sniveling brat who can't handle constructive criticism. You don't know her situation.

For what it's worth, though, I agree with you. Too many times I've seen Americans complain about our First World Problems when people are starving and dying. This just isn't the place to vent about it. This girl came looking for some genuine help.

To the OP, are you speaking up after tensions have become high, or when everyone is calm and level headed? Your best bet to have an open forum to express yourself is when everyone is in a light hearted mood. Then you could say something similar to, "Hey guys, I really need to talk to you about something. See, I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to you all, but yelling is a big deal to me. I really don't like it, and it's making me feel like I'm useless. I know that you love me, but when you yell at me, it doesn't feel like it. I'm 15, and I am old enough to talk things out civilly, without the need for raised voices."

Something like that. Hope that helps, sorry for the situation.

I read a book about escaped gulag prisoners who walked across the Gobi desert with no supplies. Four of them ended up dying.

You're young; your family is supposed to be your worst enemy. So long as they feed you, give you a place to sleep, send you to school, and encourage you to bathe, you've got it made. In ten years you might have a great relationship with them. If you took a look into what's going on in their lives that would cause them to treat you like this, maybe you'll have a better relationship sooner than that. Living with people can make them go nuts with frustration if one thinks the other is doing something wrong. When that happens, even though the other doesn't realize it, that only make the one feel worse because to them it's completely obvious what the other is doing.

Consider the things you do. Do you do your chores and help around the house without being reminded? Do you play video games long enough so that they pass you by two or three times going about their business without you having moved an inch? Do they think you need a job? If you are Abe Lincoln and they're still on your case, they might have some issues at work or otherwise outside the home that they're bringing home to you. It's easy to take one's rage out on an unsuspecting third party--especially if that third party only exists because of all the garbage you go through on a daily basis.

Think about it.

I read a book about escaped gulag prisoners who walked across the Gobi desert with no supplies. Four of them ended up dying.

You're young; your family is supposed to be your worst enemy. So long as they feed you, give you a place to sleep, send you to school, and encourage you to bathe, you've got it made. In ten years you might have a great relationship with them. If you took a look into what's going on in their lives that would cause them to treat you like this, maybe you'll have a better relationship sooner than that. Living with people can make them go nuts with frustration if one thinks the other is doing something wrong. When that happens, even though the other doesn't realize it, that only make the one feel worse because to them it's completely obvious what the other is doing.

Consider the things you do. Do you do your chores and help around the house without being reminded? Do you play video games long enough so that they pass you by two or three times going about their business without you having moved an inch? Do they think you need a job? If you are Abe Lincoln and they're still on your case, they might have some issues at work or otherwise outside the home that they're bringing home to you. It's easy to take one's rage out on an unsuspecting third party--especially if that third party only exists because of all the garbage you go through on a daily basis.

Think about it.

I do wish there was a way to "like" or rate good posts on here. Because this one is a winner.

Another thing to think about...what attitude do you normally take with your family, when they do ask you to do something? If they expect you not to do something until you're yelled at to do it, then it creates a habit of it.