Top Posters In This Topic

• Buoyancy

• anyabar1987

• ShieldOfFaith

• God's_Princess

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha thanks! 

Though I did learn during our meeting that I probably shouldn't go back to Texas for my internship because of their laws regarding School Psych. :-P 

Which is fine but I kinda miss my extended family a bit. Now I have to think of other states that might be fun. Washington is out because they don't pay interns. Maybe Colorado? Idaho? Oregon? Hmmm I wouldn't mind giving Minnesota a go again. Oi. Good thing this decision is still a year and a half off. 

Marisa I've recieved all of your messages (voicemails, Facebook, text, and now via bored). I left my house for work at 7am, and probably won't see quitting time for a few more hours. I'll let you know about your calculator when I'm able to check.

Howdy Trouble!

GAH! Come home and mah house smells like a very particular plant people like to burn and inhale. XP 

ROOMATE! WE AGREED THAT THIS WOULD ONLY BE DONE OUTSIDE IN YOUR CAR!

I am not thrilled about this. Hmmmm I know we had a whole mess of scented candles around here somewhere. //RantOver

Yep yep. ^_^ Well, housemates technically. 

We actually all get along really well it's just that I've got one whose a wee little bit of... erm... free spirit? Party Animal? Man-eater? Haha she's a character. Me and and the third roomate are both more reserved so it's just funny. 

Hows life with you Troulble? 

Savannah. Nice to meet you! XD

I'm Ashley. But Marley is just as well. 

Good good. Just crossing stuff off the list for till the end of the quarter. ^_^ I've only got one final really (though I do have a test tommorow over Anxiety Disorders... ha.) but I do have a big ole paper I've massivley procrastinated on to finish tonight. Few more minutes online, tidy the room a bit, then I've got to get working. 

Eh I really don't mind either way. I think it's split about 50/50 what people call me around here. 

And yep. I'm in a master's program studying School Psychology. Tons of fun. Lots of work. 

And you would have thought I would have gotten better time-management skills by this point... but alas.. .

I'm just finishing my first quarter. ^_^ 

It's a three year program, but the third year is an internship so I still have a ways to go. A School Psychologist works in the school districts to help test kids for emotional, behavioral and academic problems and design interventions to meet that student's needs. We help schools implement procedures and practices regarding mental health and test kids to see if their eligible for special education services or to help figure out what sort of learning disabliity they have (and how to deal with it) if that's the case. 

It's a neat field (though I'm obviously biased) and not a bad place to be job-availability wise for someone with a Psych degree. 

Haha. And that's A-OK by me. I love it here. I've always been kind of a psych nerd but the enviroment here is just lovely. Everyone's super sweet and helpful. Plus, I knew when I got into psych that grad school was probably gonna be a thing. XP 

Just can't do much with a bachelor's in psych. 

But anyways... I'll talk to you lovelies later! 

Haha thanks! 

Though I did learn during our meeting that I probably shouldn't go back to Texas for my internship because of their laws regarding School Psych. :-P 

Which is fine but I kinda miss my extended family a bit. Now I have to think of other states that might be fun. Washington is out because they don't pay interns. Maybe Colorado? Idaho? Oregon? Hmmm I wouldn't mind giving Minnesota a go again. Oi. Good thing this decision is still a year and a half off. 

MINNESOTA. 

if you need a blanket or snuggie or some cookies or anything and you're in MN, you give me a holler, ok?