Ask A Guy

How do you guys define being "whipped" and do you see that as a good or bad thing? (Not giving my opinion just yet ^^)

A whipped man is one who just does what he's told with no question.

My ex who is no longer allowed to speak to anyone he was previously involved with is a good example.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you guys define being "whipped" and do you see that as a good or bad thing? (Not giving my opinion just yet ^^)

I agree with Becca. I tend to be called whipped a lot because I always do what other people want me to do. Not because I'm whipped, but because I'm nice...

^ Not sure that counts as whipped if you're just generally a nice person, amongst my friends "whipped" tends to get used in specifically boyfriend-girlfriend context, a man is usually "whipped" by his other half.

Agreed. It's generally used in Relationship context... Oh, and @Sgt. Gimpy... no, it's not a good thing. It's one thing to be nice and to have a desire to please your Girlfriend... it's another when you do exactly what she says, as soon she says it, every time she says something.

Define unique hmm... I've been called goth and emo but I'm not. I like color but mostly muted and more dark ones. I'm very modest. I were long sleeves and often jackets or sweaturs when it's 108 outside and don't care.

I like crosses and and somewhat gothic jewelry. But not flashy or bulky.

I'm just plain wierd but try to were stuff that's stylish and in good taste.

Oh and I often were knee length skirts with tights and long socks.

Umm guys. What would you think if a girl said she couldn't go to the grocery store or walk across the street and ect. By herself cause of debilitating social anxiety? Would that sound reall pathetic and make you think poorly of her?

^ I guess I might have to get on some heavy meds then:(

I used to be scared of socail gatherings too. Turned out I needed some vision issues corrected. Go figure. I'd say see if you've got some kind of vision problem before you go on some medication.

Is playfully calling a girl miss a sign that you're flirting?

I used to be scared of socail gatherings too. Turned out I needed some vision issues corrected. Go figure. I'd say see if you've got some kind of vision problem before you go on some medication.

It's not so much gatherings. It's any situation were I'm seen heard and judged which is pretty much any time I'm seen or heard. Being OCD I did a bunch of research and figured out what I believe caused.

I got 20/20 vision though.

I'm luck I live out in the country if I had close neighers I wouldn't go out doors.

I know it's pathetic bu I can't really help it it's medical and psychological.

Doesn't make it feel any better though just cause I can't help it.

Guys what's a good way to tell a you like him?

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Umm guys. What would you think if a girl said she couldn't go to the grocery store or walk across the street and ect. By herself cause of debilitating social anxiety? Would that sound reall pathetic and make you think poorly of her?

I'm just re-asking cause this was on the last page and I only got one answer...

And guys would it be a big issue if your gf's mom wouldn't let you hugor hold hands?

Dyed hair? Like it, leave it,doesn't matter unless it looks fake...doesn't matter period? I'm curious...

I like any and all dyed hair as long as it looks nice.

And guys would it be a big issue if your gf's mom wouldn't let you hugor hold hands?

yes, because it sets a tone of irrationality that would never have a cessation as long as I remain in a relationship with that girlfriend. And if we one day get married it seems the mother will always have some sort of criticism for me, my gf, or us both.

No i would certainly not think poorly of her, I would feel bad for her and try to help her. And the first thing I would do is take her to a busy intersection, take off my pants and walk across the street in my boxers, then I would walk back to her on the other side and eloquently explain to her that no street crossing will ever be as socially awkward as the one she just witnessed and she would do well to remember it next time and take solace in the fact that she walks across the street fully clothed which will in turn reduce the anxiety associated with it.

This sounds kind of silly...what does it *usually* mean if a guy tells you that you're gorgeous? Like, is it a step above "beautiful"? Is there really that much significance in word usage between pretty/beautiful/gorgeous? A guy I've kind of been talking to always greets me with, "Hey gorgeous." It's endearing..but I'm just kind of curious if there is a specific meaning tied to that word? Or if it just means he finds me attractive? Lol.

Guys what's a good way to tell a you like him?

Shave "Will you go out with me? (circle: yes/no)" into the side of a goat and let it loose in his backyard.

DISCLAIMER: This could be misconstrued by the guy.

Yeah, partially because it would mean I'm a 20 yr old guy dating a 14 yr old. :P

Dyed hair? Like it, leave it,doesn't matter unless it looks fake...doesn't matter period? I'm curious...

If you're going for blonde or brown/ highlights/ natural look, it has to look natural.

Completely fake bright colours are fantastic (if you can handle having hair like that O_o).

Non-natural black hair... i dunno, sometimes it works.

That would be super awkward. That just seems like the mother is telling the boyfriend to fudge off.

This sounds kind of silly...what does it *usually* mean if a guy tells you that you're gorgeous? Like, is it a step above "beautiful"? Is there really that much significance in word usage between pretty/beautiful/gorgeous? A guy I've kind of been talking to always greets me with, "Hey gorgeous." It's endearing..but I'm just kind of curious if there is a specific meaning tied to that word? Or if it just means he finds me attractive? Lol.

There's not really any difference between gorgeous or beautiful. Pretty on the other hand, as guy we get told not to call girls pretty because it is apparently too bland and just seems like something we don't mean. Doesn't mean we will remember to not call you pretty though =P.

Yeah, partially because it would mean I'm a 20 yr old guy dating a 14 yr old. :P

20yr olds can live with their mothers too =O

Oops, sorry thought of some more:

1) What is your opinion on shy girls, are they dull or endearing?

2) This one sounds really strange I know but would it bother you if your girlfriend was a lot shorter than you or looked a lot younger even if they acted mature and stuff?

Shy girls almost always come across as endearing.Like, I just want to hug you!

No, I would like it, i don't want a girl who looks older than me, or taller. I like girls small and feminine.

If I call a girl gorgeous, it's because I want to make her smile,because I like her, and love it when she smiles/is happy. But I would also only say that if I actually thought she WAS gorgeous of course,and I would not say it to a "just friend".

I was once called "Miss Prefect" by a guy working in Subway when I went in in my uniform and I hadn't been sacked from being a school prefect, accompanied by that look. He possibly just had a creepy Catholic schoolgirl thing. XD So watch out for that one.

Shave "Will you go out with me? (circle: yes/no)" into the side of a goat and let it loose in his backyard.

DISCLAIMER: This could be misconstrued by the guy.

Lol!

And actually I'm 17. But I'm still a minor till I'm 18 and even then till I'm married and moved out it's my moms way or well.. My moms way.