For those who have had a baby

jesuschic4life

Yes, the whole idea is to talk to people around my age, and I have heard that there are some people on here have had children.

buti guess i will go elsewhere,

this forum is getting to be too young for me I suppose.

i be on here, becuase i like this christian forum, and i never seen any other christian forums that are for adults

That was incredibly rude of her to say that.

Yes, I'm sorry, it was incredibly rude of me to try and be helpful by suggesting a place that might be more supportive and enlightening regarding a specific topic. How dare I suggest that she may find it more enjoyable to look for support on a board dedicated to such things instead of a general board or a board of a different topic.

Next time stop and think before you go off calling someone else rude.

Yes, I'm sorry, it was incredibly rude of me to try and be helpful by suggesting a place that might be more supportive and enlightening regarding a specific topic. How dare I suggest that she may find it more enjoyable to look for support on a board dedicated to such things instead of a general board or a board of a different topic.

Next time stop and think before you go off calling someone else rude.

I don't wish to be rude (so please don't read it that way! :/) but you have only been on this forum for like a month and Jesuschic has been on here for a couple of years... so, she's familiar with the kind of people on this forum. KWIM?

because you won't find many "mommys" here... I hope

Hope you didn't get your hopes up too high.

Jesuschic4life, my name is Amy, I'm 19, and I am a PROUD Mommy of a beautiful 2 week old baby boy. If you want to talk, please feel free to PM me anytime. (:

Hope you didn't get your hopes up too high.

Jesuschic4life, my name is Amy, I'm 19, and I am a PROUD Mommy of a beautiful 2 week old baby boy. If you want to talk, please feel free to PM me anytime. (:

Aw, your son's so adorable :) I hope you & Jesuschic can get in touch and share some advice :)

• 1 month later...

Have no fear aother mama is here! LOL. I see that you posted two topics so I just decided to post on this one. I am a proud mama to a beautiful and bouncy noisy curious LOL 18 1/2 month and I am expecting my second-a boy- on April 10. I htink I'm done for awhile after this though! I am so tired o top of the fact that my husband and I are moving to Florida next month-too much going on!

As far as prepping for a child goes, I'd go see my OB-GYN and have some tests done, you know to check for an abnormalties etc, and to see how fertile you are-or you could always buy one of those fertility tests from the pharmacy. Second, you and your husband (by the way congrats on your recent marriage!!!) should definately make sure you are able to support a baby. Me and my husbad were married and pregnant all in the same month and found ourselves jobless and without a place to stay. It took us awhile but we finally got on our feet-by the good of God! But it's expensive. It's one thing to say, "Yeah, I know it costs alot." and then have it really hit you. Having family and friends that are willing to help you though is a blessing. God has been good to us because with both my pregnanies we had clothes, diapers, cribs, etc. So surround yourself with support!

start pricing baby things, go online ad look for discounts. I never buy baby things from just one store because it's always affordable somewhere else. Sign up for free baby things-you can get coupons or vouchers for formula, free diaper samples. diaper bags, all kinds of stuff. Subscribe to baby magazines! You can get a free year subscription to a couple. They are very helpful. Whenever you do get pregnant I suggest signing up for WIC. trust me, it comes in handy! You get milk, eggs, cheese, and formula if you bottle feed. Breastfeeding mothers get tuna as a bonus. They also give you fresh fruit and veggies on WIC now too.

Start charting your ovulation days. There are wbesites that can help you. Lastly pray and relax! Trust me-save all that stress for AFTERWARDS! But know that everything will happen in it's own good time-don't rush it. ENjoy being married for a little while. I wish me and my husband could have. But we don't regret our kids and we enjoy being parents.

I'm goig to give you some info to help you get started though:

Buy a copy of What to expect Whe you are Expecting YOU WILL NEED IT! It's your pregnancy bible lol.

check outhttp://babygaga.com it's myspace for mamas ad it's very helpful! You can find me there too my UN is Bosshog's Lady if you want to friend me.

http://americanbaby.com http://thebump.com

sorry if I overwhelmed you-I just got excited! Good luck ad PM me anytime if you have anymore questions!

xoxo

Tia

• 1 month later...

Do you have a plan of action in place as far as what you are going to do about education, finances, health insurance, etc? These are some key things to have in order before TTC (trying to conceive) which I'm sure you already have in order, but it doesn't hurt to get your ducks in a row so to speak first.