Winter hair problems

JoyfulFleur

So my hair gets pretty dry during the winter season ,and it seems this issue has only worsen as my hair has naturally gone lighter. My hair does well as long as I don't brush it. But, once I brush it after it has dried from a wash or even after being blow-dried, it becomes very static-y! :thumbdn:  Which then causes my hair to lose all its volume. Any advice or know of any good products to use that helps with this? I already condition my hair, but that only helps a bit.

So my hair gets pretty dry during the winter season ,and it seems this issue has only worsen as my hair has naturally gone lighter. My hair does well as long as I don't brush it. But, once I brush it after it has dried from a wash or even after being blow-dried, it becomes very static-y! :thumbdn:  Which then causes my hair to lose all its volume. Any advice or know of any good products to use that helps with this? I already condition my hair, but that only helps a bit.

If static is your main issue, a really good tip that I've come across is to run a dryer sheet (literally one of those pieces of material that you put in the dryer where you put your clothes) over your hair. Dryer sheets are designed to eliminate static and work in exactly the same way on your hair (: Just style your hair how you want and smooth it over with a sheet - it works for a lot of people and it's pretty inexpensive! It should get rid of weird fly-aways and crackly hair.

I have naturally curly hair,so my hair gets REALLY dry in the winter.

Try using a deep moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Try putting on oils (olive,macadamian,coconut etc.) in your hair for it not to get dry.

But then again,i have curly you have straight. Are hair is a world apart from each other.

I have that sometimes too XD except for me even when I BRUSH it it just looks like I haven't showered in a month even though I showered yesterday. XD does deep conditioning help that too? and how do you deep condition? XD

I have very very curly hair, admittedly, so I can only speak from my experience, but I find that my hair gets very dry and brittle in the winter (especially in artificially heated environments like the house or lecture halls) and keeping it moisturised is imperative to me not looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

You can buy deep conditioning masks at supermarkets or pharmacies; they usually are called things like "recovery mask" or such like, and recommend that you keep them on for anything between 5 and 15 minutes. If you can't find them, then a thick conditioner that's designed for dry hair or damaged hair will usually do the trick too. 

I tend to put them on when I'm in the bath and then wash them off right at the end, or if I'm showering, I'll put one on and then do something like shave to give it time to work. I also tend to brush my hair when it's got conditioner in it to detangle. 

I have very very curly hair, admittedly, so I can only speak from my experience, but I find that my hair gets very dry and brittle in the winter (especially in artificially heated environments like the house or lecture halls) and keeping it moisturised is imperative to me not looking like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

You can buy deep conditioning masks at supermarkets or pharmacies; they usually are called things like "recovery mask" or such like, and recommend that you keep them on for anything between 5 and 15 minutes. If you can't find them, then a thick conditioner that's designed for dry hair or damaged hair will usually do the trick too. 

I tend to put them on when I'm in the bath and then wash them off right at the end, or if I'm showering, I'll put one on and then do something like shave to give it time to work. I also tend to brush my hair when it's got conditioner in it to detangle. 

thanks! I will try this. :)

If static is your main issue, a really good tip that I've come across is to run a dryer sheet (literally one of those pieces of material that you put in the dryer where you put your clothes) over your hair. Dryer sheets are designed to eliminate static and work in exactly the same way on your hair (: Just style your hair how you want and smooth it over with a sheet - it works for a lot of people and it's pretty inexpensive! It should get rid of weird fly-aways and crackly hair.

That's actually a really good idea. I am going to try this! Thanks! :)

I have naturally curly hair,so my hair gets REALLY dry in the winter.

Try using a deep moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.

Try putting on oils (olive,macadamian,coconut etc.) in your hair for it not to get dry.

But then again,i have curly you have straight. Are hair is a world apart from each other.

True, they definitely are very different. I like your ideas though. I hear coconut oil is good stuff. Some people will use that in replacement of their shampoo ,but I am not sure if that keeps static down too. Thanks for the advice! :)

Deep conditioning, my friend. Do it regularly. 

Definitely going to try that. Anything that keeps the static away is worth it. Thanks for the advice. :)