Star Wars: The Bored Awakens

T.O.W.R.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jen: It's mind baffling! How can you make a movie tie-in without having seen the movie? When you're already putting all this effort into drawing/painting all the pictures!?

Michi: Yes, I have seen it.. I don't think Jen has yet though. 

... I probably shouldn't have gone to work today. After 3 days off due to having the flu, coming back for an 11 hour day, booked solid with only a half hour break probably wasn't wise. I've completely lost my voice, and I've got three more sessions to go. 

Rogue One got better on a second viewing (at least for me).

The robot was pretty funny, agree?

Jyn might have been generic but I still cared a little about what happened to her and her team. 

Couldn't you argue that most Disney characters are generic? 

Two jobs, one is 40 hours a week, the other is like 6-ish. I'm also trying to get enough sleep, practice for this educational interpreter test, go to church once in awhile, maintain a small social life so I don't go insane, work on my novel, find an apartment/roomie, and keep my basic hygiene needs fulfilled. Everything else has fallen to the wayside. 

Well if you don't have enough time for all the things in your life, you either need to work harder and bear through it, or give up some of the less necessary "things". :)

So I just played a game on chess.com against someone from Iraq.

It was surreal - people in Iraq play on chess.com?

Well anyway, he tried to pull off the famous "checkmate in 3 moves". 

Then when I had obviously won the game he refused to surrender, so I put him in checkmate with three Queens. :P 

:starwars:

Congrats Yoda, I'm proud of you. 

When I was still working in child welfare, while also working on my masters degree, I really struggles with burnout. My employers then forced me to see a therapist a few times to address that. The way he put it was "think of your life as a plate. Each responsibility you take on is a bit more food on that plate. Like any dinner plate, there's limit to the amount of food you can put on it. When find that your plate is over flowing, you have two options. 1) remove some food. 2) make the plate larger. The only way to make it larger, is to make sure that you are taking proper care of yourself."

Good self-care is broken down into 4 components: mind, body, heart, and soul. You can't ignore any of there components.

1) Mind- this is taking the time to do things that stimulate your brain. Reading, writing, hobbies, etc. 

2) Body- self explanatory. Are you exercising, following a balanced diet and eating proper meals, and making sure to get adequate sleep? 

3) Heart- this is maintaining healthy relationships. Spending time with family, friends, significant others, and pets. 

4) Soul- are you doing what you need to do in order to meet your spiritual needs? 

Well, because of work and sleep, mind and body are neglected. I don't have time to sit down and read any more or write. All I do is freakin' work. And I can't just STOP working. :\ It's too cold to exercise, not that I have the time any way. I eat pretty well, but, that's about it.  

I spend ample timewith my pooch, but it's really hard. One job requires soooooo much prep, and I love it, but I can't do two forever. I just can't. I'm dead. I need a nap and enough margaritas to make an elephant get "turnt". >_<