How Far Have You Gone?

jesuschic4life

How Far Have You Gone  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How Far Have You Gone

So basically if you've had premarital sex you're supposed to go around regretting it for the rest of your life?

I *regret* not being married, but what happened happened. But I'm not going to spend all my time regretting what happened, because it's too late, and honestly, I don't regret it, because it made our relationship stronger.[/b]

This.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex is beautiful. However, God specifically designed sex for a husband and wife. Not only does it bind a man and woman together physically but also mentally. He did not mean for a man and woman outside of marriage to share themselves that totally and completely.

But God doesn't just want you to wait till your married to have sex. " Sexual Purity" is a little more complicated than that. Anything that stimulates a person sexually God meant purely for a man and wife. This means he didn't intend for us to be in some back seat of a car feeling all over one another with the windows fogging up. But once more you have to realize that these feelings aren't bad or dirty...God just wants you to share them solely with your spouse.

What is too far in God's eyes? I wouldn't say that kissing is bad. Kissing is a way of showing affection or love for a person. However, it is when the lips move from the mouth to the neck and other areas that I believe God would be frowning.

Yet another part of purity, though, deals with the mind. In the bible mental adultry is the same as physical adultry. So keeping your mind pure is important too. This, alot of the time, is harder to control than physical temptation. How are you supposed to control your mind, right? Well a good way to control what crosses your brain is not to put yourself around things that you know would make you think bad things.

If a book has a particularly steamy chapter....stop reading the book.

If a magazine has a article about how to best make-out with your boyfriend...put it down.

If a T.V. show graphically details a couple's sexual relationship...turn the channel.

Constantly putting these types of things in your mind only makes it harder and harder to think about other things. But when they do pop up in your thoughts I would suggest saying a quick prayer, wherever you are. You don't necessarily have to close your eyes...just say a quick word to God asking him for help to keep your thoughts pure.

As far as physical temptation...you have to make up your mind NOW. Don't get into a situation with a guy or girl and wonder how far is too far. Decide now what your boundaries are and stick to them. Whatever guy or girl you're with will either accept your beliefs and morals, or he/she wasn't with you for the right reasons in the first place. Try to go on group dates instead of spending all your time alone with a guy/girl. Take steps with him/her slowly. Don't go straight into kissing. Enjoy his arm around your shoulder or holding her hand.

Also, pray about any of your relationships, before, during, and after, they happen. God cares and wants to hear about it all...no matter how silly or small or huge you might think it is.

Lastly, we aren't perfect, and God knows that. Staying pure till marriage is a hard and long road. But it is one God wants us to fight for and I believe it is worth fighting for. However, if we have or do mess up, know that God will forgive us. You just have to ask. God is so ready to give us a clean start if we truly want to grow closer to him. Prayer is key. Stay in constant prayer with God. With him always on your mind, it is harder to make mistakes.

Reagan, I've approved your post because it is a great one with important information that people need to hear. However just be aware that the topic wasn't asking an opinion about sex, just a response to the question "how far have you gone". Your post could be deemed off topic in those regards. I've made an exception because what you said needs to be heard.

-Pointer

I have had sex as you who know me I have had a baby (so no virgin births here lol sorry bad bible joke) I love every time I have done it and everyone I have done it with.

my regret and the only one is I really wish my first was my first love(we were engaged tho we no longer speak bad break up XC) tho we did do everything up to having sex and I love it soooo very much he was the first guy to make me feel like Idk how to put it but it was awesome I love that feeling he gave me I really love it tho on the night we exchanged vows there was so much love between us and I was so happy then lol

tho I have had more partners sense I have been with him I know he stuck to his (hopefully) waiting till he was married to be with someone and I hope that lady know what she has lol

lol I wont name names but please god don't let him read this >_< I think I would die from the embarrassment

The furthest I've ever been was kissing a girl on the cheek. I consider this interesting because of the paradox of I have a really strong sex drive (even for a guy) but I'm pretty picky about girls I find "attractive" and it's not all too easy to...um..."interest me".

Of course, the fact I was home schooled through middle / highschool and that I'm fairly socially awkward and shy probably has a lot to do with it too.

I've certainly been tempted before, but let's just say God has a mean way of keeping females away from me when I feel "in the mood" enough to disregard the knowledge that it would only end in pain.

In other words, I am also a lvl 80 Paladin. With a glitched Divine Shield spell macro. :P

The intent is to never have sexual activity before marriage (I'm cool with kissing and all), but I would be very happy and proud of myself if I only ever had sex with my future wife even before we're married.

The furthest I've ever been was kissing a girl on the cheek. I consider this interesting because of the paradox of I have a really strong sex drive (even for a guy) but I'm pretty picky about girls I find "attractive" and it's not all too easy to...um..."interest me".[/b]

No way.

Do you not think that these two things might be somehow connected ?[/b]

Kissing someone on the cheek =/= high sex drive.

No way.[/b]

I'm talking about in a very sexual way :P

I think lots of girls are cute, but I'm extremely picky on the desire to have sex with them.

Do you not think that these two things might be somehow connected ?[/b]

Having sex does not lower your overall frequency for how much you desire sex.

If I have a low sex drive and want sex once a week, then getting it once a week won't change that.

If I have an extremely high desire for, say, three times a day, then I'd want it three times a day regardless of previous experiences.

In other words:

Kissing someone on the cheek =/= high sex drive.[/b]

Um...I can't vote. XD The "dugout" option should definitely be up there. I'm 18, and the extent of my physical contact with a guy is hugging.

In fact, I really like the dugout analogy. O_o Because the way I see it, I'm not even gonna attempt to make it to first base until I'm married. So, I guess you could say I'm sitting on the bench until Coach God decides to put me in the game. ^_^

XD

• 3 weeks later...
HOW IS IT THAT PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS, TALK ABOUT HAVING SEX WITH SOMEONE OUT SIDE OF MARRIAGE AND THINK THAT IS JUST FINE!

The lord says that Fornicator WILL go to HELL unless they repent.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10.

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,<sup> </sup>nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.[/b]

God also wants us to admit our sins to other christians so that we can encourage each other to not make the same mistakes.

And sadly and to my disgust of my past i went home run on another guy. Safe to say that i hate myself for it and only God gives me any consolidation.

Sticking to the baseball analogy....is there like a "hit the ball but got out" option? :P Not everyone gets to first base, but get further then the dugout. xD All these analogies have cracked me up.

Anyways, I have been "on the bench" so far, and I plan to keep it that way...until I get married. ;) Then I'll be...scoring baskets? Throwing strikes? Hitting homeruns, scoring touchdowns, goals, however else you wanna say it. My future hubby is in for it, cuz I'll be makin up for lost time hahahahaaaa

I voted first base because didnt make the team wasnt an option. Im 16 and i havent ever had a boyfriend yet. But thats okay. Im saving sex for marriage and my first kiss for someone very special. Now i just have to find Mr. Special.

Lol, I just now caught the post above me say they are in the bleachers. Ya, thats me.

Saving my first kiss for my fiance. :D used to be obsessed with getting to first and further, but God kept me from ever getting anywhere and now I know that when I find the man meant for me and we're married it will have been worth the wait to have him be my first everything.[/b]

That's good. :) Don't give in!

I haven't even touched the bench (lol) No kisses at all and Im 19! What's worng with me??? Maybe I'm still afraid of catching the cooties from second grade.

I'm pretty sure I'll wait if it's the right guy definetely. I have never even began dating (see how far away I'm from the benches I am!) Not dissapointed though, I'll wait on till the time is right.

I haven't even touched the bench (lol) No kisses at all and Im 19! What's worng with me??? Maybe I'm still afraid of catching the cooties from second grade.

I'm pretty sure I'll wait if it's the right guy definetely. I have never even began dating (see how far away I'm from the benches I am!) Not dissapointed though, I'll wait on till the time is right.[/b]

Nothing is wrong with you and there is absolutely nothing wrong with having never kissed anyone. I would suggest waiting until your wedding day or engaged to kiss since you've waited so long.