Dell or HP?

Paxaman111

What PC Should I Get?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What PC Should I Get?

• Dell
    • Hp
    • Other

Well, I think I am going to build my own computer from Newegg.com and I am pretty stoked about it. But for those gamers out there I was wondering what brand is better for gaming? To me it seems like Dell has way more potential for gaming than HP does but I could be wrong. Give me your thoughts, and how much money should I spend on my PC? I want to be able to play the Old Republic, that is all I really care about. ;)

If you want an actual gaming laptop ASUS g-series is normally the best. The dell xps laptops are feasible but I would avoid hp because they are unreliable and alienware because they're overpriced.

You don't have to get it off of newegg.com, feel free to look around more, even if it's only on ebay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've hated HP for years but if I had to choose between Dell or HP I would DEFINTELY go with HP:

HP has an excellent system for keeping your computer's "firmware" up to date, given that you can do it yourself without needing to call their worthless phone support for help. But they have a website where you can type in your exact model and get a simple list of every single firmware update related specifically to the exact hardware in your exact model and they keep adding to it years after your computer is purchased. These updates are painless to install too, just download and execute.

Laptop hardware has sort of plateaued in terms of any noticeable increases to productivity or normal usage (web surfing etc). Hardware-wise you don't get a noticeable benefit from spending $600 vs $1000 and you definitely won't see a difference between a $600 Dell vs a $600 HP.

• 2 months later...

TOSHIBA.

From what I've gathered. HP is the best for specific things. But lack in other important areas.

Dell is horrible and I don't recommend it.

Toshiba is a great all-rounder. But it doesn't excel in any specific area.

Asus and apple are pretty good from what I can gather. I have had the honor to get on one of Apples highest dollar computers and really enjoyed it, but the owner of the computer had so many files and what not that It was difficult to maneuver. However these are expensive pieces of machinery.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Honestly stay away from HP.

I've had 3 in the past, all bad batteries.

After a year if not less of using the HPs the 

battery goes bad, the fan and cooling system

start to fail, and replacing it will only help for

a couple of days before it starts happening again.

I got so fed up of buying batteries and more 

models that i just switch to a Mac. Not saying mac 

is great with gaming, but Invest in Alienware or building.

Going the cheaper route will only give you so much

more trouble. Ebay, new egg, and other online retailers

have sales on parts, and it doesn't take a genius to

construct a PC