Anime

Chris-M

That is one thing about anime, as much as I like a lot of the output (though the amount of high school girls boobage is really off-putting) the fanbase is really annoying for the most part ;-; Just a lot of self-proclaimed experts who have very bizzare standards for what constitues good story telling.

Also watch Paranoia Agent, Mac. Think you'd dig that one even though it can take a bit to get going... And Baccano for obvious, immortal gangster murder reasons.

Yeah, the fan base is a bit of a pain. Everything that is generally thought about anime fans isn't really stereotyping, it's pretty much true XD

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look into them soon :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr.... What do you mean by well versed in Japanese culture? Like... unless that person has taken formal classes (like in a school) about the culture or visited Japan, I'd be kind of skeptical of what they say. Mostly just because I know plenty of people who watch a couple of anime and then just kind of assume they're experts and they're wrong ALL THE TIME.

omg tbh if you think you know Japan just by watching anime you've already lost credit XD

Yeah, the fan base is a bit of a pain. Everything that is generally thought about anime fans isn't really stereotyping, it's pretty much true XD

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look into them soon :)

I guess it comes with the territory when the fanbase is so young, and I art a bit of a grouch ;-;

I do need to start a new anime, 3 eps into Psycho-Pass and I could do with one other...

I guess it comes with the territory when the fanbase is so young, and I art a bit of a grouch ;-;

I do need to start a new anime, 3 eps into Psycho-Pass and I could do with one other...

I'd recommend one but most of the anime I watch you probably already know about or have seen XD

I've currently been watching Akame Ga Kill, have you seen that? I'm still unclear about what animes are well known and which aren't XD

I'd recommend one but most of the anime I watch you probably already know about or have seen XD

I've currently been watching Akame Ga Kill, have you seen that? I'm still unclear about what animes are well known and which aren't XD

I know of it but I haven't seen it, thinking of going for a more down to earth anime seeing i'm doing Psycho-pass and have recently finished Kill La Kill. 

I know of it but I haven't seen it, thinking of going for a more down to earth anime seeing i'm doing Psycho-pass and have recently finished Kill La Kill.

Ah, alright then. Can't help you there, i haven't seen much anime that isn't filled with OTT action and stuff like that haha XD

thinking of going for a more down to earth anime seeing i'm doing Psycho-pass and have recently finished Kill La Kill. 

Okami-san And Her Seven Companions is very good. It's sweet and a bit silly, but it also has some action. It's pretty short though.

I have a question about Death Note; how is it on the violence? I'm interested in starting the show, but not if it turns out to be one of those ridiculously bloody ones.

It's not like... chop people's heads off and watch the blood ooze from their necks level gross. Most of the death comes from heart attacks and stuff, so not bloody, but still a fair amount of death, suspense, and general darkness.

I will also note that I watched Death Note on Adult Swim way back '07 so who knows if they edited stuff or what. 

Okami-san And Her Seven Companions is very good. It's sweet and a bit silly, but it also has some action. It's pretty short though.

I have a question about Death Note; how is it on the violence? I'm interested in starting the show, but not if it turns out to be one of those ridiculously bloody ones.

Well, as the title suggests, there's a lot of death in it. But the Death Note mainly kills people with heart attacks so there isn't much blood. There is sometimes some fighting in it but nothing overly graphic, just suitably dark enough to suggest it in a sorta subtle way. The only time it gets seriously gory is one moment in the last few episodes. I don't want to spoil anything, but I only remember that one time where there was a fair amount of blood.

Other than that, it isn't too bad. It can be a little psychological at times but never becomes OTT bloody like Mirai Nikki or anything

My favorites are The Flash, Arrow, and Bones.

Oh, so you're into superheroes (although, I don't know much about what Bones is :P)

I'm not sure how much superhero and there is but stuff like Parasyte would follow the same idea of someone getting superpowers and fighting evil.

Just be careful, anime can tend to be a bit bloody and creepy depending on what you watch. Just in case that stuff concerns you :)

Oh, so you're into superheroes (although, I don't know much about what Bones is :P)

I'm not sure how much superhero and there is but stuff like Parasyte would follow the same idea of someone getting superpowers and fighting evil.

Just be careful, anime can tend to be a bit bloody and creepy depending on what you watch. Just in case that stuff concerns you :)

Bones is like a forensic scientist show. it can be rather graphic.