Modest Clothing?

_Liv_

Hi everyone! 

I'd like to ask do you try to dress modestly? If so what clothes are off limits? Also just general information about it would be great! 

~ LIv

I usually dress modestly, but many will tell you, and I will tell you, my modesty ideals are a bit classical and extreme for a person now days

I do not wear anything in public above the knee. No midthigh shorts or dresses.

I do not wear see through clthoing without something besides my bra and underwear under it.

I do not show a middrift, per say no crop tops or tube tops.

I don't like tank tops, but they aren't off limits.

Swiftie, that is not extreme. XD I'm a little less "classical" in my modesty ways.

If your butt cheeks, boobs or middle are hanging out, it's immodest.  Middle hanging out doesn't mean just tube tops and the like, but if your shirt is so small you're not totally covered, that falls under the category of immodest. It also looks tacky, get something in your size! 
Your shorts are WAY too short if you sit spread eagle and any part of your crotch area or butt crack is visible.

That being said, personally a little cleavage doesn't bother me, I'm well endowed up there and stuff happens. I try to cover up, but if my shirt fails on me... well... XD
Tank tops don't bug me much so long as they meet the cleavage rule, and as long as I don't walk around looking like Dolly Parton, it's cool.. I'm not a huge fan of spaghetti straps though. I like to make my bra straps ninjas, so I prefer the wide strap tanks.

I'd wear midthigh/fingertip length stuff if I had the legs for it (but I don't.)  I wouldn't go shorter than that, ever.

See-through or lacy items need a tanktop or cami underneath. Don't wear a black bra with a white shirt.
 Skinny jeans and jeggings are fine, so long as they aren't cutting off your circulation, digging into your waist or look painted on in any way, shape or form. Be comfy!

Wear you clothes tight enough so they know you're a woman, but loose enough so they know you're a lady.

I don't really do cleavage, that's just a personal thing where I feel a bit uncomfortable. 

I don't show my shoulders in church. 

Showing off your butt crack/too small clothing, like Becky said, does not look good. 

Shorts don't really bother me, legs are just fleshy trunks.

I'm a little more extreme than Jazzy. I wear long dresses or skirts, nothing EVER above the knew. Nothing at all tight. I don't look like a bag or anything I still can look nice. I wear nothing at all that's low. So, I am a little more old fashioned. :P

I prefer long dresses and skirts, but today sadly it tends to be hard to find them and still be kind of cute.

but now it is becoming that way if you don't want sometihng midthigh either...

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's important to ask ourselves our intentions for wearings something. 

are we wearing it to draw attention to ourselves and to show off our curves and such. or because we do believe it is an appropriate clothing item which will not be too provoking for men around us. 

Modesty is important I believe, 

However I do believe just because someone dresses modestly doesn't mean they have to be un-fashionable! (which I think some people forget or not realise) 

For example, i have the 3 B rule. 

No Breasts, (obviously girls cant help how big their breasts are however they can control how much of it they are showing.)

No Butt,

No Belly

Short shorts which are so short that you can almost see someone's butt i think is also not modest, 

However by keeping these in mind I still dress up for church and dress fashionably for everyday! such as summer dresses, elegant pants and blouses. 

That is how i look at it! :D

I think it's important to ask ourselves our intentions for wearings something. 

are we wearing it to draw attention to ourselves and to show off our curves and such. or because we do believe it is an appropriate clothing item which will not be too provoking for men around us. 

Modesty is important I believe, 

However I do believe just because someone dresses modestly doesn't mean they have to be un-fashionable! (which I think some people forget or not realise) 

For example, i have the 3 B rule. 

No Breasts, (obviously girls cant help how big their breasts are however they can control how much of it they are showing.)

No Butt,

No Belly

Short shorts which are so short that you can almost see someone's butt i think is also not modest, 

However by keeping these in mind I still dress up for church and dress fashionably for everyday! such as summer dresses, elegant pants and blouses. 

That is how i look at it! :D

Totally agree with this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! 

I'd like to ask do you try to dress modestly? If so what clothes are off limits? Also just general information about it would be great! 

~ LIv

I dress modestly, but that's because of how I was raised.

If I even try to dress extremely revealing, I will feel so uncomfortable because how you present yourself says a lot about you. I don't want strange men thinking I'm trying to grab any random person.

I wear shorts, and tank tops. But I don't like to wear shirts that show too much of my cleavage. I would wear a camisole or tank top underneath. And if I wear a crop top, I wear a camisole underneath of it. 

Maybe that's why I don't fit in much with my age group. I just personally care a lot about myself and don't want to put out the wrong image of something I don't want.

Agreed on both points. Yeah, just don't go for super tight/revealing clothing be cautious of short skirts. Usually if you wear a pair of opaque leggings with short skirts it can be okay but still. Also, the quote above is originally from Marilyn Monroe.

• 1 month later...

I don't like revealing shirts. Tank tops or no-sleeve dresses? I'm fine with, and I'll add a cover-up over it and wear that to church.

Oddly, I feel no embarrassment/hesitation with wearing short dresses or skirts. I mean, not like so short that my underwear is showing, but short all the same. But no, I won't wear it to church.

No see-through. Period. 

LOL I am very, very hesitant to talk anything about personal things like above replies. My siblings are just too crass.

• 1 month later...

I'll usually dress in clothes that are comfortable, which usually coincide with "modest" clothing types. I mean, it's summer here so shorts are a thing and I've been wearing them, but yeah, generally I don't do much with my appearance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I love clothes so much!!! And I live in a beach town in southern california so it's hard not to wear kind of revealing stuff. I would never wear that stuff to church of course! But I wear short skirts, bikinis (a lot... its a beach town), tank tops, midriff tops, short shorts, and even a few things that show some cleavage. I do NOT wear see thru because I think it's so gross! Even though my body isn't perfect (except in God's eyes) I think God made us look beautiful for a reason.... Covering all that beauty up just doesn't seem right to me.