Iphones or Androids?

ashleycherise

Which is better an iPhone or an Andriod?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better an iPhone or an Andriod?

• iPhone
    • Andriod

It depends what your level of tech inclination is. If you aren't naturally good with technology, then go for an iphone. They are elegantly simple and classy.

If you have tech inclinations, then I would suggest you research various androids and see what they have to offer. I have a Motorola Atrix II. If you're up for an upgrade with AT&T, then you can get it practically for free at Best Buy. (the more you know!) It's dual core, bigger screen than an iPhone and zippy! Plus mine's been run over by a car (in its otterbox case) and it's still working just as fine. Though I say it was the case, not necessarily the phone o.o

Android.

If you want a stable, lasting battery, Android is your last bet.

And I do mean LAST. >.<

Really? I have an HTC sensation and it's been far better for battery life than all of my friends' iPhones. Androids are generally tougher as well, since they're not made entirely of shiny glass. I've lost count of the number of messed up iPhones I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJp9EMRjXY

Android.

Really? I have an HTC sensation and it's been far better for battery life than all of my friends' iPhones. Androids are generally tougher as well, since they're not made entirely of shiny glass. I've lost count of the number of messed up iPhones I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKJp9EMRjXY

Thats why you get a shock resistant case my friend.

If you want a stable, lasting battery, Android is your last bet.And I do mean LAST. >.<

I have an iPhone 3Gs and the battery life isn't horrible. It's definitely not as good as it used to be, but considering it's 3+ years old and goes through a lot of use being in my nonstop use hands, I wouldn't complain.

--

I'm fan of Apple products, and I really like how the iPhone integrates with my Macbook Pro and my iMac. If you have other Apple devices, you'll find the integration unmatched with Android or any other phone + desktop devices. That said, if you use a lot of Google applications (Maps, Calendar, Mail etc...) you'll find the Android has really good integration with Google's services. The iPhone does too, but it's not built in, you kinda have to configure it up that way.

In regards to your question, it's not a fair question at all. Because you're not comparing apples (lol) to apples. You've asked "android or iPhone". Well Android has hundreds of possible hardware devices. Android is an operating system. And personally I would say that iOS (the iPhone OS) is a better more full-featured OS.

So a better question to ask would be: "iPhone 4S with iOS5 vs the Samsung Galaxy with Android", then you can compare the actual physical features (screen size, resolution, camera, processor, etc...) of the devices. Personally I think Apple could (and they will, eventually) have a stronger hardware presence. Their cameras and processor for the iPhone is a little dated. This is of course, because they produce 1 phone, whereas these other manufacturers produce many phones and have the ability to just slap in new chips and cameras whenever they come off the assembly line. Apple's development process doesn't work like that.

All of that said, I personally will be upgrading my iPhone this year to a iPhone 5. I've had my 3Gs for a looong time, and it's been of great service to me. I like the integration and it'd be silly not to keep it. If you find an android that has the physical features you like, costs a little less, and you'll be happy with, go for it.

I have an IPhone myself. I've had the latest version of it for the past two months. The battery life can be bad, there are days I need to charge my phone before I go to bed. It also depends on which provider you plan to use. I choose AT&T, but I truly wish I'd gone with Sprint instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

You should get and Android. Plenty of personalization, smooth performance, good battery economy, good graphics, exiting interface. If you have any questions shoot me a message. :thumbsup:

Just a friendly tip, that message was posted nearly 2 years ago. After about 3 or so months, we usually try to stop posting in threads, unless it's in the "Forum Games" section. We call that "Necroposting".

• 3 weeks later...

They are two very different operating systems. It is something that you just have to try them both. I tried to use my friends Iphones for years and I never figured out that nonsense. However I have a droid now, and it was really easy to pick up.

Some people feel the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had an android, but for the most part I've enjoyed my iPhone. Good selection of apps and really they're just not that easy to break if your careful. 

That said I'm also stepping down from a smartphone to a flip phone in September once my contract is up. Simplifying the life. XD

Still plan to keep the phone itself though. 

Androids are more customizable to personal preferences. Iphones, not so much. 

iPhones, battery life is a million times better than my android. I worry way less about being stranded somewhere with a dead phone now. Good enough reason for me to switch. 

But, comes down to personal prefs.

• 1 month later...