Behind the UserName :

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I made this account, I had just finished reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - it's now my favorite book of all time - and I adored Jane's character. I loved how she was a plain girl who allowed herself to be led into the unknown by the hand of God. I was inspired by how she was independent from everyone even while being in a dependent situation - how she never let Mr. Rochester or his world tarnish her knowledge of what was right. I liked how she was willing to put herself in harms way in order to do what was right, regardless that the person she wanted more than anything else in the world would be left behind in the process. I loved how she was willing to trust God and thank God for all that He had done in her life even while begging for food and wandering helplessly in the country. I enjoyed watching her grow into someone who was self assured and confident in herself. I also loved how she earned her happy ending instead of just having it handed over.

Anyways, I was just inspired by her character and loved her story. I thought that if I could take her name as my username, it could remind me of the type of person I want to become everytime I logged on. :)

• 6 months later...

Someone asked for a bedtime story on MSN, so I just made this up on the fly, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Once upon a time there was a fuzzball. Just an ordinary fuzzball. Like one that you'd find in your pocket, and think nothing about. The spirit of vitality happened upon it, and saw that it was a perfectly fine fuzzball! Perfectly round, and not rough at all. So she granted it life, and it was the First Foofer ever. The small Foofer looked around, and didn't know what to think of everything, so it thought "Since I don't know what to think of anything, it seems I must know everything about a few things."

So it traveled the world, flying on the winds, (for it was a very small and very light Foofer) and it happened upon some very nice people, and those nice people took the Foofer in and raised him. He became the most loving and most caring thing ever to grace the earth. The people saw the kind heart of the Foofer, and asked the spirit to make him human, so there might be more people like him. And so the Spirit of Vitality granted him a more human form and thus began the Foofer race. There's always been just one at a time, and they're very rare. So be on the lookout, because you just might be lucky enough to hug one some day. I've heard that Foofer hugs are the best.

But actually, my first user name ever was 4of5Rocker (and this was one a different forum, too) and someone decided that I needed a nickname. So he said my username out lour reallyreallyfast, and out came Foofer. So I've been called Foofer in the internet since then. So I moved to CTF, and took my nickname with me, because there was a second Aaron. Some of my CTF friends became facebook friends, and so it slipped out into my real life as well, when I was down in Texas. And that's where I got all my variations on the name Foofer.

Favorite variation: Foofsies (I use it for my email address xD)

Least favorite: ... I'm not telling.

Someone asked for a bedtime story on MSN, so I just made this up on the fly, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Once upon a time there was a fuzzball. Just an ordinary fuzzball. Like one that you'd find in your pocket, and think nothing about. The spirit of vitality happened upon it, and saw that it was a perfectly fine fuzzball! Perfectly round, and not rough at all. So she granted it life, and it was the First Foofer ever. The small Foofer looked around, and didn't know what to think of everything, so it thought "Since I don't know what to think of anything, it seems I must know everything about a few things."

So it traveled the world, flying on the winds, (for it was a very small and very light Foofer) and it happened upon some very nice people, and those nice people took the Foofer in and raised him. He became the most loving and most caring thing ever to grace the earth. The people saw the kind heart of the Foofer, and asked the spirit to make him human, so there might be more people like him. And so the Spirit of Vitality granted him a more human form and thus began the Foofer race. There's always been just one at a time, and they're very rare. So be on the lookout, because you just might be lucky enough to hug one some day. I've heard that Foofer hugs are the best.

But actually, my first user name ever was 4of5Rocker (and this was one a different forum, too) and someone decided that I needed a nickname. So he said my username out lour reallyreallyfast, and out came Foofer. So I've been called Foofer in the internet since then. So I moved to CTF, and took my nickname with me, because there was a second Aaron. Some of my CTF friends became facebook friends, and so it slipped out into my real life as well, when I was down in Texas. And that's where I got all my variations on the name Foofer.

Favorite variation: Foofsies (I use it for my email address xD)

Least favorite: ... I'm not telling.

Fact: When you were 4of5rocker you intimidated me so much. I was like, wow this guy is too cool to handle and all the ladies love him. I don't remember if I had told you that before or not :P

I mean, you are too cool to handle and the ladies do love you, but the intimidation is gone. Also I always wondered where the Foofer came from.

Ha, mine goes back to when I tried out Runescape when I was younger. I made a character called Bob Bartles, because people at school called me Timbob and because Bartles is pretty much my surname with one letter changed. I made a Bioware account in the same name for NWN multiplayer, but it got deleted somehow and wouldn't let me use that name again, so I shortened it into one word, which is now my username for pretty much everything. :)

Fact: When you were 4of5rocker you intimidated me so much. I was like, wow this guy is too cool to handle and all the ladies love him. I don't remember if I had told you that before or not :P

I mean, you are too cool to handle and the ladies do love you, but the intimidation is gone. Also I always wondered where the Foofer came from.

Oh, Kaywa. You're too cute. :3

And not all the ladies love me, I'm afraid. And I'm not too cool to handle, either. >.<

And there's another Origin for Foofers that my friend and I came up with: A Foofer is the offspring of a C'thulhu and a Snorlax.